• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note stuck at Samsung logo after automatic update

Hey guys... I had the same problem yesterday and after researching for like hours, I came across a solution that actually worked for me...

You have to unroot your NOTE to a gingerbread version using ODIN..

After that you can upgrade to ICS through the software update from the phone.

It took me around 3 hours cause I had to download the gingerbread 2.3.6 version (~550mb), Samsung Kies, Odin and then unroot, factory reset and then update my phone around 3-4 times to get the final ICS update.

Download:
Gingerbread Link: [STOCK ROMS] N7000 All stock ROMs + install + Root guide All at 1place,Latest ICS LQ3 - xda-developers (Select appropriate link based on region, only the 2.3.X versions)

Odin: Download Tools/ODIN/Odin3v185.zip at StockROMs.net

Kies: Download Samsung/Kies_2.0.3.11082_152_4.exe at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Step 1: Download from all of the above links and unzip. Install Kies if not done so in order for your pc to detect your phone.

Step 2: Put your Galaxy Note into download mode by holding down the Volume Down, Center button, and the Power button together for about 10 seconds. Then press volume up when you see the warning sign. Connect it to your computer.

Step 3: Run Odin

Step 4: Choose

Upvote 0
Hey guys.

Please help me out with this issue.

I have the same issue as yours. I tried to upgrade to ICS, it got installed but after downloading a 7 mb file, my phone rebooted and it got stuck on samsung logo. My phone is out of warranty but still I gave my phone to service center thinking that is might be a small issue. But those people formatted my phone and said that its motherboard has to be changed and are demanding for 8500 bucks.
Now my phone doesn't even turns on. Is there a way to fix this thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones