• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note4

Xavier Black

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2015
Texas
Ok..normally I don't ask questions..I'm not saying I know every thing..I'm far from that..I just majority of the times wait for some one else to read my mind..lol..and it happens!!

But in my issue..I haven't come across to the answer of my ordeal out there just yet..

My problem is, and it's became very annoying to me already..in my Note4 the feature of ''open just once'' or ''always''..the fabulous and stupid developer of the firmware he left it out..now, the phone doesn't give that option any more and takes the decision for me..HATE THAT!!!..I already tried so many things..even bricked it once or twice..and still not solve to my issue..

So i was hoping a developer can give me some light..I figured I think it can be changed in the BUILD PROP..

Most people complain that those tweeks to the build prop don't work..well I have had a totally different experience..that's why my aim is in that direction..

Any help would be very appreciated..why not rewarded

If your able to edit buildprop then I know your N4 is rooted. I feel it necessary to provide a few specifics about my n910p. I have a deodexed custom rom, SuperSu, complete r/w, Busybox, permissive kernel , Xposed framwork and installer. The Xposed module "Resolver Activity Tweeks" worked on my current rom.

Screenshot_2020-01-09-02-35-16.png

BuildProp tweaks displayed shows a Note 5. If you find the compatible Xposed Framework for your device, I highly recommend you also download the framework un-installer .zip and place both in external sd (root of the sd).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-09-03-45-32.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-09-03-45-32.png
    458.6 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is also another Xposed module that does the same but I cant remember the name of it but I do remember it a small part of a larger Xposed module. I no longer use the module because I added these missing features flashing a .zip from TWRP.

Option #2

CAUTION!!! WARNING!!

Specifically for Sprint Note 4 (sm-n910p) 6.0 MM. Its made for use on another custom rom but I flashed on mine anyway. The results are in the Screenshots.
Screenshot_2020-01-09-08-49-12.png

I can provide the link if you request it.

Screenshot_2020-01-09-09-14-44.png

Upvote 0
Thanks very much for your response and ideas!!!!!
Hey, truly don't want to do a custome rom..I tried to xpose the phone but then realized wasn't possible with out the custome..but then again I really don't want to follow the route..

About the build prop I couldn't see the rest of the image..you said it's possible but couldn't see the scrip

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Hey, truly don't want to do a custome rom..I tried to xpose the phone but then realized wasn't possible with out the custome..but then again I really don't want to follow the route..

About the build prop I couldn't see the rest of the image..you said it's possible but couldn't see the scrip

When I actually combined parts of a few roms. N4 Dtux Legend V9 being the core rom. It came with an Aroma installer but before I flashed the rom, I used a root file manager to add/delete a few things. I did this for compatibility with another GRX touchwiz home V8 Ivintended to flash.

Upvote 0
The custom
I'm thinking..if you were able to flash that frame work for a rom that wasn't intended to..perhaps I could be able to flash it with out the presence of a costume rom..
What you think?

The custom rom was intended for my specific n910p, GRX touchwiz home V8 .zip is for the most part universal. Having prior knowledge software of the n910f and the n910p were very similar and readingva few posts gear and there that the shared compatibility is when I decided to take a calculated risk
Im not sure if you have ever come across the terms DM-Verity or DAK fails? The common belief that flash the factory firmware fixes everything is not entirely true. It doesn't fix Device Maper Verification or Device Root Key fail. A breif explanation

https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot/dm-verity

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the reason why your phone presents you with the options ''just once'' or ''always'' is because you have a Note5 screen system into your phone..I don't know how you did that but you are a truly genius!.

Would you be able to place the the link through your Google drive..if you feel more comfortable you can send it to my email..either way you prefer.

I really really really appreciate all your thoughtful words and kindness..due to these turmoil moments I'm going through..since I've been living in my car since the end of the year..you see..your phone becomes like a pet that you love and even something more deeply attached to you..specially if you are all by your self..so my phone is all I have in these moments..and that's ok

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
The custom rom I have would not be compatible with your device. Sometimes the developer make the different versions of the same rom made for different carriers.
Let me back track, Google phones like the Pixel are considered a Pure Android Experience.
Samsung is (filthy dirty, JK) a hevily modified version of Android that is referred to on are device as Touchwiz. This complicates things if after rooting the phone we also add additional modification. Its something to be aware of and consider beforehand.
For me, I've had years of experience. I've soft bricked more times than Is like to admit. I've leard by the scientific Empirical method , experimentation and observation.
My first question is, are you intending to mod your custom rooted rom? If so you best option would be a Deodexed rom.
If not then its better to get an Odexed rom. Odex is faster to boot but resistant to changes (mods), while Deodexed isslower to boot but less resistant to chang.
I think the reason why your phone presents you with the options ''just once'' or ''always'' is because you have a Note5 screen system into your phone..I don't know how you did that but you are a truly genius!.

Would you be able to place the the link through your Google drive..if you feel more comfortable you can send it to my email..either way you prefer.

I really really really appreciate all your thoughtful words and kindness..due to these turmoil moments I'm going through..since I've been living in my car since the end of the year..you see..your phone becomes like a pet that you love and even something more deeply attached to you..specially if you are all by your self..so my phone is all I have in these moments..and that's ok

Thank you for your complaint, very kind of you my friend. I wish I was a generous. LoL, thanks
The truth is, Im still learning. For instence, I knew about an n910t but today I discovered there is also an n910t3. We need more information on the n910t before proceeding. "calculated risk"., I calculate not flashing anthing untill we know more. Second thing is your firmware is a fused 3 (aboot) while the n910t is
that I like helping others. Im also a Senior member of XDA. (100 posts your a senior member, so nothing to brag about:) )

Upvote 0
I always tend to customize my phone on my own..for instance..I removed ALL of the apps off the home screen..they are almost no where to be found except in the side multi window..I cloned 95% of them..and gave them to capability of dwell in the side bar..

I always wanted every since I remember a Note4..and just got it a couple of months ago..particularly because of the side bar and the stylus..and you can do pretty much any thing you want with it

Yes is rooted..I deleted about 90 apps off it..I installed another about 90 as well..
I'm all day long in my phone..not taking on it..just I it..sissy every single minute of the day..so what I want to do with it..I want to make it dark Windows..every where..even the notification bar..that white light is killing my eyes..then to have the option we talked about of not just always..then I want to root it my self..then detox..but can't have one that is resistant..

You feel me?

Upvote 0
Oh three days ago my phone was running at 87°f all the time..now it's just in 95°f and up all the time..I stupidly bricked twice..change the build prop so many times too..and didn't do a back up of that smoothness..now is so hot

I put an extended battery on it that lasts sometimes over 19 hours..yes I'm heavy on it

Upvote 0
So, what can we do according to what I've shared..yes that's all I am looking for in a rom..

My friend James wanted to custome it in order to xpose it..I didn't follow through that..but what I really look for is those features so I can make it act and look according to my self..if I have to custome it..well what else could I do

Upvote 0
Here take a look..

We have alot in common My name is Javier you Xaviet and I have a son name Xavier :) We are both hooked to our N4. I mean for me, Youd have to pry it out of my dead hsnd. Im taking it with me come heaven or hell hahahrhe. And your absolutely correct in fact the N4 is considered the" last developer friendly android cellphone".
If you have Google PS is it dark themed?
Screenshot_2020-01-11-00-17-53.png

Upvote 0
A few cool rooted apps

Desktop vissualizer= if you can find a completely translate icon , then use this app to replay the original app icon to the desk top of your home screen. That way you can place the dialer at the botton and your screen will look just as in the pics you posted but tapping the invisible app icon launches the dialer.

Volume Slider

Kinetic scroll

Upvote 0
Yes you are right..I'm taking mine with me to hell..I'm not interested in going to heaven. And I'm not leaving it here..he has all my secrets and all my bitches..lol..

Yes we are alike..I strive to be a little dev too..at least just in my head..I've created a bunch of tasks in tasker that I came up with off the top of my head..so my Note4 is constantly all day long doing things for me in the back ground and no fuss..it's got a good memory..

Hey good news..i just downloaded the two custom roms you were referring to..the ones that weren't available..at least I think is them..

Upvote 0
But tell me one thing..would you know what to script in the build prop to make the phone display the once or always dialog..also I've been wanting to experiment on it in the part (exhibits1)..switch where it says "white" to put "black"..or maybe where it says "sugar"..
So could you tell me what yours says..since your are in black windows..and in guessing too I can come up with a scrip about that dialog I've been telling you about..

So you

Attachments

• 2020-01-11 01.05.07.jpg
    2020-01-11 01.05.07.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones