• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note4

Javi question..you mentioned I don't have to be in custom to have the Aroma mod?..if that's so..my main question is..with it am I gonna get the "once or always" thing???

I doubt that the Touchwiz V8 mod will provide the once /aways because it doesn't require root. However, I can't be certain because I have extensive modification.
Yes, A deodexed rom will most definitely take longer to boot no maybes about it. Deodexing removes the .odex files and zipaligning apps makes boot times faster. Even a deodexed zipalined custom rom will still be much slower to boot than an Odexed rom.
Deodexed is best suited for the moder. Modification on Odex rom produce alot of foce close, crashes, freezes, and bootloops. Of course, It depends on what hacks you do with your device.
If you lucky you can flash a compatible custom kernel for your device. Theres an app called kernel Auditor that offers many teaks , like turn of MP-decision and enable 4 cores and much, much more . Samsumg stock kernels are much harder to change.
XDA is pretty reputable and I wouldn't worry about malware. If you Odin flashed the Official firmware then nothing to worry about

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
Javi question..you mentioned I don't have to be in custom to have the Aroma mod?..if that's so..my main question is..with it am I gonna get the "once or always" thing???
The aroma mod is just kinda like having S8 Touchwiz. Its not a rom at all but it is a definite upgrade. Look at the stock touchwiz on the N4. I mean the icons are huge. It looks like an S3 expanded to fix a larger device. The desktop app drawer icon in the home screen lower dock is so old school. The TW V8 mod is just something to try out. I didnt like it at first but know I would want to live without it . Swip up app drawer. No need to tap the app icon. No need to even have it in the dock.

Upvote 0
At present, I would like to port parts or 2 different custom kernels for my n910p. In my situation , the first is BeastMod permissive kernel developed by Freeza. Its overclocked and has lots of governors to choose from. Even without tweaking it pretty fast. Since It was developed for a lower aboot/modem 6.0.1MM network data leave me at 3g max. The other petmissive kernel was developed with my aboot/modem and network data is 4g/LTE but overall petformace is good, a definite improvement of stock but not as snappy as the BeastMod kernel. Im just starting trying to get familiar with the WTF am I supposed to do. LoL. I may be a bit over my head and Im definitely in unfamiliar territory. All I need to do is find the file or foulder (3g/LTE ) fron N7 kernel port it to bestmod kernel. Well , Im hopeing its that easy. Time will tell.

Upvote 0
This is what the BeastMod kernel Boot.img looks like OMG!! Dam
Screenshot_2020-01-16-13-01-14.png

Upvote 0
Im going to take a big risk and port a custom kernal and even maybe delete some files (mpdecision), supersu and busybox from the kernel .zip file.
I"v never ported or modified custome kernal because I never felt the I needed to.

I cant find information pertinent to porting 2 custom kernel or deleting specific file/folders. Im hoping it somewhat similar to how I port the system with root file manager.
The only porting that I do fined are for different purpose. I had thought of just applying one port with mo deleting other file bur just repace one with the other but Im going to do the rest anyway so off the deep end I go. Im not just taking a blind jump but a big calculated risk. It just seem somewhat logical in my view. (kind of).

I need to charge my other battery to 100%. :)

Upvote 0
Hell no
Javi, you don't really sleep, do you..

Sleep whats that :) Im kind of an insomniac, I guess .

No, porting kernel definitely is not what I am suggesting you do. Its something Im going to do. Basically, Im pulling and replacing files/folders from one custom kernal to another custom kernal. Then I will delet s few files, save to external sd, boot into recovery and flash the MrJavi custom ported kernel. I may endio in a hard bricked N4.

One kernel is super speedy, quick, quick, quick fast but stuck on 3g data

The one I have now has 4g/LTE and is quick, responsive, and much much better than stock but not nearly as fast as the other.

Im going to combine parts that I think are related to 4g/LTE network connectivity. (files/folders) .

With the fast jernel Ill delete the related files/folders and repace them with the 4g/LTE file/foulders. Then fkash the kernel I modified and hope I dont hard brick and also get 4gLte working with a fast kernel.

Upvote 0
4g & LTE is very important to me since I already dealt with 3g in the past..trust me..you do not want 3g..I mean is not that bad..but you will miss out a lot with it..I get aweome speeds in download and upload with LTE..in fact(I'm speaking facts)..with one of the changes I did to the build prop..now my upload speed is as equal as my download is which is about 9mbps..before the tweaks the upload was about 1.5mbps..so do your maths

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Bro, do you happen to have any advance knowledge of tasker?..I figure with it I may have a chance to solve my only predicament I have with this stock 6.0.1 which is the "once or always"..I'm thinking I may come up with a task to clean the defaults immediately I open something..that's the only chance I got

I've never used tasker, I know everyone talk about how fantastic it is but I just never took intrest in it. I do know thers sn Xposed modul that helps or add something. One member said it bricked his phone just today. We were tring to help him with a rooted app (ripit...something). Next thing you know , posred back that tasker bricked his phone. Nono of the member including my self even mentioned tasker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones