1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Owner In Need Of Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dansteruk, Jan 25, 2011.

1. dansteruk

dansteruk Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    Both myself and my fiance has galaxy s, mine is on orange, hers is on Virgin. this morning her battery was almost dead so with her having a fulldy at work we simply swapped batteries.

Turned both devices off correctly, swapped batteries and turned them back on. Mine came back on working perfectly fine, hers however came back on as if a 1st time user, askin her to set time etc which was strange. then her background had went back to default, all of her apps were there but none will work, says had to force close due to error. Also her contacts have all been wiped but her pics, txt messages nd videos are all still there.

I have now backed it all up on to pc but contacts are all gone.

i switched off her device again and switch back on to see if the old off and on worked nd now it wont switch on. It comes up with the samsung galaxy s screen, music etc, then go to black screen nd every minute or so it vibrates.....whats up,, please help cos its like 5days past the 28day cooling off

Advertisement

2. drekdad

drekdad Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    12611 I did the froyo thing to my galaxy s vibrant, workd fine for about 4 hours then froze while n the ab mode.......... Same screen same vibrating and geuss what my butt did?? I calld my phone and geuss what back on!!! Can u believe it i had been panicked and calld tmo. So afta the last vibrate while the buttons still lit i called and my number popped up...... It acted like it didnt want to but this is what i call a "force open" maybe it will work for you too!

3. dansteruk

dansteruk Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    since then its different---

Rights this is the situaiton, got 2galaxys, 1on orange 1on virgin. Mine is on orange my gf's is on virgin. The otherday the battery was low nd she was off2work so we swapped batteries, wen she turned it on it had lost all contacts and went back2defaults as in background etc and all of the apps stopped workin!

I swtiched it off and back on and then it became stuff on the Vibrant/samsung screen and would not go beyond
    After messin nd messin with restorin etc etc usin Odin, etc etc and goin via menus of holdin down voulme/power etc i managed to get everything back on but now it thinks its on T-Mobile!!!!!! How do i get it back to factory settings and do i need to re download a virgin firmware because if i reset it now would it just reset to tmobile as that what it belives its firmware is???

I just wanna get the virgin galaxy back on virgin nd workin

4. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    Turkey
    About your contacts, maybe you synched to Google?
    I though all my contacts are gone, but taking a look at my google account... They were all there.