1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Galaxy Prevail 2 M840 stuck in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 Model M480

Got the phone from a coworker. Tried Factory Resetting the phone via Setting Menu, at least five times, however it didn't work. Couldn't wipe the phone's user data or anything. Even tried taking the battery out and re-inserting it. Still didn't wipe the previous users data or setting.
    Finally Master Reset the device via Recovery Mode/Menu. After Resetting it, I rebooted the phone via Recovery Mode.
    Thinking that I successfully wiped everything and had the phone back it the original Factory Settings, I turned the phone on only to find out that the phone wouldn't come one (via pwer button.)
    After unsuccessfully taking out the battery again and re-inserting it, it still didn't work. Device used to only turn on in Recovery Mode. Now, it won't even turn on anymore. When it's plugged into a charger, the Samsung logo appears and then re-appears.
    Don't know what to do.. Please help...! I bought the dude lunch and paid $80 for the phone.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Try getting into download mode (volume down/camera/power). If that doesn't work you'll need a Samsung jig. You can buy one on eBay for a few bucks from China or you can make one if you can solder a resistor to a microUSB plug.

Then download Odin, find a ROM for the Prevail (you may find some by looking through the posts at Samsung Galaxy Prevail - Android Forums) and flash the phone.

scary alien likes this.