• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
so i thought the galaxy rush was called the prevail 2 well bestbuy is selling the galaxy prevail II for 180 bucks the phone looks cool kinda looks like a s3 mini

Boost Mobile - Samsung Galaxy Prevail II No-Contract Mobile Phone - Black - M840
If you have or ever owned a prevail one of the first things you notice is how the rush is close in look and size to the prevail. The rush is honestly the first prevail 2(it's basically the same phone with a front face camera and runs on a higher Android os)

Just my opinion:D

Upvote 0
If you have or ever owned a prevail one of the first things you notice is how the rush is close in look and size to the prevail. The rush is honestly the first prevail 2(it's basically the same phone with a front face camera and runs on a higher Android os)

And has more internal memory, and more ram...

Upvote 0

i never owned the prevail one but yeah they kinda look like the same a lil bit rush is way better i think

Upvote 0
I did check out the prevail ll it seems like it will be a fun little toy. I think boost I'd trying to keep up with the jonses.

P.S. I had a prevail that's why I asked. My friend introduced me to this site when he told me about rooting. The prevail was my first root

I just got a prevail today, is there a root method with out a computer, I want to do some work on it, thinking of giving cm9 a try on this this, the memory on here is very bad, couldn't even update all the stock apps before it says low memory

Upvote 0
I just got a prevail today, is there a root method with out a computer, I want to do some work on it, thinking of giving cm9 a try on this this, the memory on here is very bad, couldn't even update all the stock apps before it says low memory

No, no root w/out a PC. Sorry bro

Also, w/ the prevail cm9 has no working camera. Its a driver issue.

Upvote 0
you can try framaroot or the ics/jb universal rooter on xda i googled root any ics device xda to find tha page

Ya, I actually wondered if that would work myself... but, even if u get root, there is no way to flash recovery via the phone... so ur still screwed. Also, with the newest update they made some changes kernel side that broke root (at least that's what one of our (the prevail community's) major contributors said once he released the fixed version... and I'm inclined to believe him)

PS, the prevail is officially only on GB, not ICS.

Upvote 0
No, no root w/out a PC. Sorry bro

Also, w/ the prevail cm9 has no working camera. Its a driver issue.

Just thinking of playing around with it, maybe build a ROM for it, this is horrible, no space, I see all the trouble this phone has.
And the difference in os, looking at this next to the rush is, smh, I don't even have words, lets just say, I could never go backwards or downgrade os
And I'll probably root it sometime today, or tomorrow

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones