• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Reverb stock SMS/MMS app Can't zoom photo ! Look for SMS replacement !!

sfbay99

Lurker
Oct 9, 2011
When i receive pictures in text messages, they seem to appear as video files. They are about 50% smaller than full screen, can't be resized (zoomed) and there is a play bar (RR/Play/FF) at the bottom of the screen. How do I display pictures as full-screen photos, not videos?
***Seem the only way now is to Download it and then resize it ...

On the old lg optimus V, you can click the photo in the SMS screen , it will zoom !!

If not , what is the Best Clean/Simple SMS app for replacement ? (All i need is a simple click and zoom photo on SMS/MMS screen )

I had the LG OpV and when you clicked on the photo you were given a choice of which app you wanted to open the picture with until you chose a default after which it wouldn't ask again. Gallery was the main app that handled them unless you chose another app like a file explorer.

Were you offered that choice when you first clicked on a picture on the Reverb? I haven't had a pic text sent to me yet since having the phone for the past few days so I can't test it right now. Is it possible you chose another app to handle pics by default instead of Gallery? If so you can go into App Manager, find that app and click Clear Defaults.

Upvote 0
When i receive pictures in text messages, they seem to appear as video files. They are about 50% smaller than full screen, can't be resized (zoomed) and there is a play bar (RR/Play/FF) at the bottom of the screen. How do I display pictures as full-screen photos, not videos?
***Seem the only way now is to Download it and then resize it ...

On the old lg optimus V, you can click the photo in the SMS screen , it will zoom !!

If not , what is the Best Clean/Simple SMS app for replacement ? (All i need is a simple click and zoom photo on SMS/MMS screen )
I just got the reverb a month ago and am having this problem. Did you ever figure out a fix ? Thanx in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones