1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General Galaxy S 2 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jroc, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Samsung's Galaxy S II Preliminary Performance: Mali-400MP Benchmarked - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Interesting results. Yea its early and only a handful of benchmarks, but still.. And its running 2.3. So far looks like Tegra 2 is the chip to beat..

Tegra 2 has been out longer so it could be updated drivers for Tegra 2, the chip in the Galaxy S 2 needs some updated ones, etc.

Or you can look at it as you cant go wrong with either one. I hope 2.3 makes it to these new phones quick.

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert

LG Optimus 3D with the OMAP4 dual core, hit a record past 3000 in Quadrant, trouncing even the Tegra2 phones.

We like to see how the dual core Snapdragon works out, but currently the only device that has this is the HP WebOS tablet.

3. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Really? Thats another thing: why some upcoming LG phones have Tegra 2 and the 3D one has the OMAP 4?

Since all these new chips are gonna be similar in performance, I want the one with the best battery life.

4. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

As pointed out couple of times in similar threads here, I don't think the OS, drivers are fully optimized for Exynos yet. Tegra 2 has advantage in this since it's been out for a while. How can S2 be even worse than Fascinate in GLbench egypt? I will see how it performs after softwares mature more for it and also in proper benchmarks utilizing multi-core GPUs.

LG's choice of OMAP4 in 3D probably has to do with its better 3D graphic performance. For low power consumption, I think Exynos will have edge with variable clocking like Hummingbird had.

5. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Already posted and discussed here and here

jroc likes this.
  6. drpepper123

drpepper123 Newbie

Optimus 3d is a Monster, SGS2 benchmark disappointing. Even in real life demo is dissappointing. Lag just like SGS1. Optimus demo are lighting fast,Highest benchmark in quadrant and graphic benchmark. I am Learning towards Optimus 3d from day to day. 3D is a Plus too

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Okey dokey - this one started out in Android Forums, I let it stand as kinda generally interesting news, but a compadre made the decision to move it here (logically).

So - because of the timestamp's basically overlapping, I think it would really muck things up to try to merge the threads.

Therefore, I'm closing this one, directing further comments to this merged link:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...galaxy-s2-vs-lg-optimus-2x-s2-benchmarks.html

Any issues with that, please PM me, cheers, thanks.

jroc likes this.