• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S 2 connect to mac

I just bought a galaxy s 2 the other day and it recognises existing wifi networks at home (mac - airport), but disconnects straight away.

any tips on connecting my new phone to the mac wifi?

HELP

Could you be a little more explicit in your explanation of the problem? Are you trying to connect to an AirPort access point or to the Mac itself? If the latter, why?

I am a Mac user but I use a D-Link access point. I have connected my SGS2 to numerous APs, in airports, cafes, at work, home etc and I have never had any real problem. The signal is sometime a bit weak but otherwise, it's always worked fine.

Upvote 0
I'll try and be more explicit...
I have a macbook at home with wireless set up via an airport base station.
My SGS2 scans and recognises the existing wifi network at home, and automattically attempts to connect to the network, but then disconnects immediately (even with a strong signal). I need to know how to stay connected to the wifi. Hope you can help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones