1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy s 2 on Att

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by ~Reaper~, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ~Reaper~

~Reaper~ Well-Known Member

does anyone know if the new Galaxy phone is coming to att
    I am looking at the atrix but i really don't want to lose the amoled

thanks for any info

Advertisement

2. RavenFox

RavenFox Android Enthusiast

That should be a no brainer. Since the first is on AT&T and it's a GSM phone.

3. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert

Hopefully the S2 will be available unlocked, unbranded, unsubsidized. I hate buying merchandise from the operator..their only mission should be selling service

4. oFUNGUSo

oFUNGUSo Member

yah i dont think i can lose this screen. i was thinking about getting an inspire for a few reasons, but when was put it side by side to my cappy. the screen is AMAZINGLY different. i wish i handnt bought this cap because then i wouldnt know better and i could own a phone thats better in most other ways. ah well, at least i only paid 50 bucks for it.

5. ~Reaper~

i know man my friend has an evo and i just cannot go back to lcd

I haven't seen the atrix yet in person but i doubt is compares

6. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

it might come around july, but att will be pushing the fuse in the 2nd quarter,i just wish it had the same specs. as gal.2...

7. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast

Yeah I have to see them side by side I hate Samsung with a passion but the phones are nasty just badly supported. The Atrix display is sick, though and IMO 4 inch is sized perfectly. A 4.3 superamoled may look nice but a 4 inch with that resolution is going to be sweet. Either way I am holding out to see and pick the best phone of the bunch nothing is perfect.

On a side note I am already seeing some inspire REGRET threads and typical HTC battery horror glad I didn't bite on that hook.

8. ~Reaper~

see i really do not have a problem with samsung and 2.2 i have been running perception for a while and recently just flashed serendipity to my phone and it is bad a** with the gen x blue theme.

i am hopeful the 2.2 update will be soon but i will not be upgrading to it but man it will open alot of stuff up for the devs to make a true captivate custom rom and you can be sure i will be installing it on my phone

9. RavenFox

RavenFox Android Enthusiast

Yeah I'm spoiled by Super Amoled. I'll wait for this phone.

10. Really where are you seeing those? Especially when the majority have great battery life. Dont selectively read forums man

11. oceanos

oceanos Newbie

I too am waiting for the next batch of Android phones on AT&T. The Galaxy S II looks promising indeed (though I would prefer an HTC device) as long as its unlocked so we can customize it. The Inspire and Atrix are lacking in several areas for different reasons so I decided against buying them.

12. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

The screen size to size of the phone ratio is so big that I'm pretty sure the AT&T logo can't fit on the front. :)

13. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Android Expert

It doesn't.

I went to an AT&T store yesterday. Luckily all 3 phones were really close to eachtoher.

The screen on the Atrix is like a 4" version of my Liquid (a beautiful screen, colors are great, text/images look crisp). Both the screens on the Liquid/Atrix blew away that of the Inspire (which was somewhat surprising since the Inspire is Super-LCD while Liquid/Atrix are just LCD but PPI on the Inspire is low (216) compared to that of the Liquid (266) and Atrix (275)).

However, when I put them next to a Captivate, it wasn't even comparable. I hate Samsung, probably will never buy a Samsung product again (bad experience with a feature phone, Eternity, that broke down within weeks of purchasing) but my goodness that screen is amazing (despite a PPI of 233). Colors look AMAZING, everything looks crisp. I hope Samsung starts selling their screens to third parties (such as HTC).

The screen on the Atrix is very good but nowhere near that of the Captivate IMO.