• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s 2 on Att

yah i dont think i can lose this screen. i was thinking about getting an inspire for a few reasons, but when was put it side by side to my cappy. the screen is AMAZINGLY different. i wish i handnt bought this cap because then i wouldnt know better and i could own a phone thats better in most other ways. ah well, at least i only paid 50 bucks for it.

Upvote 0
i know man my friend has an evo and i just cannot go back to lcd

I haven't seen the atrix yet in person but i doubt is compares

Yeah I have to see them side by side I hate Samsung with a passion but the phones are nasty just badly supported. The Atrix display is sick, though and IMO 4 inch is sized perfectly. A 4.3 superamoled may look nice but a 4 inch with that resolution is going to be sweet. Either way I am holding out to see and pick the best phone of the bunch nothing is perfect.

On a side note I am already seeing some inspire REGRET threads and typical HTC battery horror glad I didn't bite on that hook.

Upvote 0
see i really do not have a problem with samsung and 2.2 i have been running perception for a while and recently just flashed serendipity to my phone and it is bad a** with the gen x blue theme.

i am hopeful the 2.2 update will be soon but i will not be upgrading to it but man it will open alot of stuff up for the devs to make a true captivate custom rom and you can be sure i will be installing it on my phone

Upvote 0
Yeah I have to see them side by side I hate Samsung with a passion but the phones are nasty just badly supported. The Atrix display is sick, though and IMO 4 inch is sized perfectly. A 4.3 superamoled may look nice but a 4 inch with that resolution is going to be sweet. Either way I am holding out to see and pick the best phone of the bunch nothing is perfect.

On a side note I am already seeing some inspire REGRET threads and typical HTC battery horror glad I didn't bite on that hook.

Really where are you seeing those? Especially when the majority have great battery life. Dont selectively read forums man

Upvote 0
I haven't seen the atrix yet in person but i doubt is compares

It doesn't.

I went to an AT&T store yesterday. Luckily all 3 phones were really close to eachtoher.

The screen on the Atrix is like a 4" version of my Liquid (a beautiful screen, colors are great, text/images look crisp). Both the screens on the Liquid/Atrix blew away that of the Inspire (which was somewhat surprising since the Inspire is Super-LCD while Liquid/Atrix are just LCD but PPI on the Inspire is low (216) compared to that of the Liquid (266) and Atrix (275)).

However, when I put them next to a Captivate, it wasn't even comparable. I hate Samsung, probably will never buy a Samsung product again (bad experience with a feature phone, Eternity, that broke down within weeks of purchasing) but my goodness that screen is amazing (despite a PPI of 233). Colors look AMAZING, everything looks crisp. I hope Samsung starts selling their screens to third parties (such as HTC).

The screen on the Atrix is very good but nowhere near that of the Captivate IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones