1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S 2 - Optimization

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by layton87, Jun 6, 2011.

1. layton87

layton87 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Hey guys, new to the forums, so im unsure as to whether this has been completely covered or not but here goes...

I've basically had my GS2 since the first week of release in the UK...Rooted it recently using Odin and superoneclick, think it's on KE1 if my memory serves...

Basically i rooted with the intention of making my phone a powerhouse by removing/freezing bloatware, making more RAM available and potentially overclocking the CPU. I ran linpack after freezing alot of bloatware, which lowered amount of RAM in use..and my linpack score came out at around 4'500 i think...I'm running the basic touchwiz launcher that came with the phone.

So i was wondering if anyone had some advice regarding further optimization i should look into...

thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    You could try flashing some custom roms? There a few on XDA developers that have better linpack scores.

3. layton87

layton87 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    cool, when i can get back to my house in manc, ill use the PC there again to put some roms on...In the meantime, what are people's average RAM status read outs?...

4. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Mine goes under 200 after I press the RAM cleaner/app closer button. I'd had it to 175 total used.

5. Baines93

Baines93 Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Mine goes as low as about 240mb used once the memory is flushed...

I don't see the need for other roms yet... none take my fancy, and the phone is already a powerhouse?! - and, it already eats battery :p

Installing bloat freezer or titanium backup pro, and freezing all the hubs, wifi sharing, voice search etc. must have made the phone even more zippy? I didn't benchmark before/after unfortunately, but it must have helped too.

6. layton87

layton87 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    yeah mine can clear to around 175mb sometimes..ive got autokiller through root on its extreme preset and that seems to be helping somewhat....I'm sure there's more i can freeze or remove, though im a little cautious of causing problems.....Looking into the Lite'ning Rom over on XDA, looks good...

7. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    UK
    As your already rooted you should look into the 'set cpu' app can be used to overclock/underclock the cpu. I just don't really see why you would want to risk burning out a

8. SilverDroid

SilverDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011

XplosiV likes this.