1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S 4 vs Note 3? What is the best for a developer?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by THpubs, Dec 7, 2013.

1. THpubs

THpubs Newbie

Im about to buy a new smart phone and I can't decide whats best for me. Im a web developer and I also like to blog. (I even spend time learning new languages)

I already have a PC, a Notebook and a 7 inch Galaxy Tab 2. I tried to blog with the tab but its not working. Its slow.

I now have several choices...

1) Buy an S4 and buy a bigger tab later.
    2) Buy a Note 3 if it can be used for blogging and learning stuff better than the tab 2. Is it better?
    3) Stay with a small phone and get a larger tablet. But it might be hard to carry a tab.

What is the best option for me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

It sounds like a Note 3 is a sound option. It's going to be much faster than your Tab 2.0 and you may like the stylus support.
    Personally, after going through a couple tablets, I found I just would rather use my laptop for any lengthy typing.
    If you do stick with an S4 (or another smartphone), there are many larger tablets you can dock to a keyboard or hook up to a wireless keyboard. :)

Also, I moved this to the Device Comparison subforum for further discussion.

3. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

It's a hard one. If you couldn't blog with a Galaxy Tab2 what makes you think a Smartphone/Phablet will be any better?

IMO? Get a Note 3 for the phone stuff and smaller blogging jobs and get a iPad Mini Retina for blogging in general.

4. THpubs

THpubs Newbie

The biggest problem im having with the tab 2 is the speed. But note 3 is really fast :) Will the size matter?

5. THpubs

THpubs Newbie

Thanks :) But im not planning to do lengthy posts :) The thing is I don't have much time to write now. I spend most of the day writing code... sitting in-front of my pc... Im really tired of sitting. If I can get something to take some of my work away from the desk and into a free places... thats what i really need :D

PS : Thanks for moving the post. Im really sorry I didn't found that forum when posting :D

6. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

The only reason to get the Galaxy S4 over the Note 3 is if you don't like large phones, even then the Nexus 5 would be a good alternative even if the battery life is rubbish.

The Galaxy Note 3 is the fastest and most feature rich device available, if you don't mind the size or find the s-pen useful then there is nothing better out for you right now.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If speed is the question then yes, the Note 3 will be way better. The old Galaxy S2 has better specs than the Tab 2.