1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S 4G FAQ's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mavictb, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Q:What is the internal memory?
    A:1gb internal with a 16gb external card included.

Q: Does it lad like the Vibrant?
    A: No, it is very snappy and responsive.

Q: Does the GPS work like crap like the rest of the Galaxy S devices?
    A: No, in fact it has 5sec. cold start locks with consistent 5m accuracy.

Q: Is the compass useless like the one found on the vibrant?
    A: No, it works just as it should.

Q: can it be rooted?
    A: yes, it can be rooted using the rage method. that said there is no ROMS and no Clockwork Recovery yet.

if you have any other questions I will try to answer them and add them to the OP.

Advertisement

AustinTech likes this.
  2. katibk3143

katibk3143 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    ok so a few questions for ya. What is rooting? what is it good for? How do you root a phone?

I'm trying to copy and paste in my emails and its doing nothing, do you know how i need to copy and paste in my yahoo email?

I'm trying to get my phone to read all the music off my sd card, and i can't get it to do that, do you know how i can do that?

Last question, how do you tether this phone? I used to be able to do it with my blackberry b/c it had to option on the desktop manager, but i don't know how to do it with this phone.

Sorry for so many questions, but i just got my phone so i'm trying to see what all i can do with it. Thank you so much for any helpful advise you can give me.

Kati

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2010
    the gps on mine blows .. I'm exchanging this pos asap

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Go to settings, wireless and network. It's under that.
    I think you might have to set up a folder for your music or find the folder that the player reads. I had to set a folder up just for ringtones since I use .mid

5. outside_agency

None

Apr 28, 2011
    I am a pretty new owner of one of a Galaxy S 4G. I am on the Sprint network. It got updated recently to 2.2.1. While I like the silencer on the notification bar, orientation sensing got sluggish, notification ringtone got substituted and would not restore from settings, sound. This may be user ignorance. Is there a function I don't know about that will now set different sounds for an email notification and a text notification? Thanks for taking the time. I'm also curious about the risks/advantages of root for this device. Sorry to bother you about this if there is a well-known faq or other ref, but this forum is the best thing I found by googling the question.

6. Choggo

Choggo Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2012
    I use Verizon and when I look at my texts there are some threads that the person's name highlighted in color and others that are white. Why is that?
    Also, I have an IMAC and when I plug in my phone to grab songs off of the IMAC Itunes does not recognize the phone.
    Any easy instructions ? I tried using some other advice using downloaded apps but kept running into problems. Thank you.

7. plzhelpme

plzhelpme Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2012
    I know NOTHING about cell phones. I just got the Galaxy s 4g and it wont send texts that go over 1 text (over 160 characters). I like everything else about the phone, is that a problem with ALL galaxy s 4g phones or if I exchange it do I have a chance it wont happen with the new one???