• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S battery in Galaxy SII?

edenney

Jun 17, 2011
I've been using a Galaxy S for the last several months but today I got a Galaxy S II to replace it. I have a few extra batteries from my Galaxy S left over and I noticed that the SII battery is the same physical size and the same voltage, it's just 1800mah vs. 1500mah for the stock Galaxy S, or 1700mah for the higher capacity batteries I had bought for my Galaxy S.

So the question is simple, are the batteries compatible? I'm 99% sure they are but I don't want to screw up my new phone. Obviously the S batteries I have are slightly lower capacity, but that hardly make them worthless as a spare battery.

Also, is anyone aware of a higher capacity battery for the SII that doesn't require changing the battery cover? Like a 2000mah or similar? Everything I've found so far is like double the stock capacity but also double the thickness, requiring you use their thicker battery door of course. For a variety of reasons I don't want to go that route.

TIA

Hi edenney and welcome to Android Forums. :)

IMO, I would just use the battery designed for that specific device. I don't think it would do any harm though to your device if you tried, but if I thought it would I wouldn't risk it. :)
I'm not aware of a higher capacity battery for the S II that doesn't require changing the battery cover, sorry. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones