• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S "beats" Nexus S

Nexus S doesn't do 720p recording, it's a step back from the Nexus 1 in my opinion.

I kinda liked the multicoloured trackball on the Nexus 1, the aluminium and SD card slot.
Also 1 LED flash doesn't do anything, it's pointless, a Xenon or dual LED would have made a bigger difference.

It would have been better if HTC built the 2nd Nexus but Galaxy S is better than the Nexus S.

Upvote 0
I agree with you. 1 LED doesn't do any big difference ,and the fact that it can't record 720p - shame , also no slot for SD card ? LOL , imitating the stupidity or "originality" of Apple ? HAHA its funny
so it appears that the google phone , which pretends to become best one , with best char. etc , isnt good as galaxy S.

instead of putting new technology inside , like 1080p recording or the new SAMOLED 2 display , they make a step back and also removing SD card slot - totally false I think. only my music is 10 gig and with limit of 16 - :S I dont care if my phone will have the NFC (or what it was) when i have bluetooth because its almost the same thing and saving from other things like the recording. I like google products but this phone is done just for money ! they dont want to make customers satisfied by making the perfect phone .. Im sorry

Upvote 0
They are basically the same device to me, hardware wise they have the same features, only small deferences between them. The biggest difference right now that matters is Gingerbread. The Nexus has a leg up on that for now.

Software is something that can be easily changed, hardware isn't (with a phone anyway). Won't be long til the Galaxy S has full working GB (custom ROM no doubt long before an official one) so there's little reason to pick the Nexus. It's not the step forward the original Nexus was, seems little reason for Google doing this really. Far better to have worked with Samsung to get Gingerbread onto the 5 million+ SGS phones already out there than to mix in yet another variant with no real standout features.

The upcoming Sony PSP phone or LG phones with Tegra 2 seem to me far more interesting and would've been a better showcase for Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones