• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s boot freezing fixed

Shine.

Jul 31, 2010
Da 'Rock
NOTE:THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE

Hey guys i know there is a lot of you guys out there with the boot up screen getting stuck or whatnot. My phone was wortking perfectly. i turned it off one night and and i tried to turn it back on it wouldnt. It would pass the first galaxy s screen, then play the anamation and music and would freeze and the last screen and the s kept glowing and if you left it alone like that the screen would black out and buttoms on bottom would light up. This is exactly how i fixed mine.( Galaxy s, gt-i9000, Bell, Canada)

1.turn phone off

2. boot into recovery(Hold down the volume down button, power and home buttom until the galaxy s pops up and them let go all buttons then press them all agai really fast and hold it.)

3. Once in recovery you will see apply sd card , wipe cashe and stuff. using the volume buttoms go on the "wipe data/factory reset" and press home.

4. You will see a bunch of 'No" . go to the one that says "yes" and press the home key.

5.Your phone will now reboot.when it gets to that screen where it usually freezes it will take longer than usuall. just give it time and let it do its thing.

This is how i fixed mine! thought i would share this! Good luck guys:D

Reactions: rynlpin

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones