• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S Bootanimation as LiveWallpaper

ronaldramsayii

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2010
Atlanta
This is the glowing Galaxy S bootanimation turned into a Livewallpaper.... this is so cool!

n70.png

Galaxy S Live Wallpaper

Just install as an .apk file....

This wallpaper is AWESOME, but I turned off Live Wallpapers a while ago for battery concerns. However, since this wallpaper is mostly black (S-AMOLED turns off black pixels to conserve power) will it use significantly less power than other colorful/bright live wallpapers? Because I'd love to have it as my normal wallpaper if my battery doesn't go down the toilet when I use it.

Upvote 0
This wallpaper is AWESOME, but I turned off Live Wallpapers a while ago for battery concerns. However, since this wallpaper is mostly black (S-AMOLED turns off black pixels to conserve power) will it use significantly less power than other colorful/bright live wallpapers? Because I'd love to have it as my normal wallpaper if my battery doesn't go down the toilet when I use it.

im using my driod x wallpaper for the first time in about a week. Some people say it doesnt use the battery alot but i say it does. On none live wallpapers i can go easily the whole day and into the next without charging. my phone dropped down to 30% already and it's on the charger.

Upvote 0

I believe the issue with the live wallpapers is not the lit pixels, but the constant CPU power necessary to perform the animation and effects. It takes basically no CPU power whatsoever to display a static wallpaper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones