1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Galaxy S - Charger for spare battery (UK)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wunay, May 25, 2011.

1. wunay

wunay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Staffordshire, UK
    I live in the UK and am looking for a cradle that will charge my spare Samsung Galaxy S battery. It would appear that Samsung did/do one that will charge the spare battery and the phone at the same time. Anyone know of a seller that has that particular unit in the UK? There does seem to be a lot of variations on this theme, but some of the adverts on the internet do not give a comprehensive description as some of the comments infer that the units with advertised spare battery do not come with a spare battery and do not always have the necessary cables! At the end of the day I just want a charger to charge my spare battery. Any comments out there?

Advertisement

2. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Male
    Sales Team Leader / Web Developer @ Maplin Electro
    Liverpool, England, UK
    Go to your nearest Maplin Electronics store... I work in one and we have chargers that will do camera batterys seperate to the camera... should work on a phone, check this out... CamCaddy Universal Camera Battery Charger : Battery Chargers : Maplin.
    A quick google search seems to suggest that the galaxy s battery is 3.7v which means that this should do it...

Just ask the guys in your local store to test it before you buy, make sure it works... they should be more than happy to do this!

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

3. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Network Manager
    NW England
  4. wunay

wunay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Staffordshire, UK
    antoeknee
    Exactly - Do not know how I missed that one. I will contact them to also check that it is the same unit for the Galaxy S2.
    Thanks for that