1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S II Barrel Distortion Worse Than Other Camera Phones?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pfarro72, Jun 9, 2011.

1. pfarro72

pfarro72 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I have seen a lot of reviews stating that the barrel distortion problem (items 'leaning in' at side of photos) on the Galaxy S II is one of the low points of the camera

Does anyone know if this is worse than most other camera phones (eg iPhone 4 or Xperia Arc)?

It would be a shame as it is not easily fixed :(

Advertisement

2. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

I'm not 100% sure what this is exactly, but I can report I have had no problems whatsoever with either the main 8mp camera or the front-facing 2mp camera in just under a months worth of use

3. eclap

eclap Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    No barrel distortion here. The lens on the camera is far from wide. I wouldn't worry..

4. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    If you care about such things, you shouldn't be using a camera on a phone at all.

I have an EOS40D and strangely enough, it takes much better pictures than my tiny little phone with its tiny tiny lens. Camera phones are fine for taking a quick snap of the Loch Ness Monster because you don't happen to have a real camera with you, but they will never be any sort of a substitute for a DSLR.

PS As cameras in phones go, it's not at all bad. Easily as good as a friend's iPhone 4 in my view.