• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S... issues.

Massus

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
I flashed bionix 1.3 onto my bell vibrant, and everything seemed okay except for two (Big) things... One of which I've seen other people having troubles with, the other seems completely unique to me.

A) I have no 3g connection at all to any data whatsoever

B, and this is the one I'm completely pissed off about) I have no USB connection available to me. Whenever I plug in my phone to any usb, be it my laptop or even the wall charger... It shuts down and goes into a sort of sleep mode where it flashes between an empty gray battery and the "busy, loading" ring... Over and over. I can't turn it back on until I unplug it. So I can't flash the stock back onto it with odin because it doesn't connect to odin for more than 4 seconds before going into sleepytime mode. This happens when it's on, when it's in recovery mode, or download mode. ANY time I plug anything into the usb.

Oh, and also my clockwork isn't recognizing my internal /data/ so it can't mount it.. Am I boned?
Any ideas?

as for the lack of 3g all i can say is check your APN settings (settings>wireless&network>Mobile Networks>Access point names)see if there is a profile still there or if its been wiped clean. if there is nothing there you should be able to download the settings from the net dependent on your carrier(it is sent via sms)

As for the thing pissing you off i cant help you, if its doing it even when the phone is in download/recovery mode before its plugged in then i have no ideas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones