• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S long filename problems

I was looking for a new media player for my galaxy S and after searching downloaded realplayer and doubletwist from the app store earlier today to have a look.

After a few hours the phone stopped recognising my SD storage, i.e. as if there wasn't a card in there and I thought that I was in real trouble.

Tried the usual off, on, battery out, SD card out, back on, etc... nothing.

Luckily my car charger acts like a PC connection and kicks off the MTP application screen which started flashing. Having experienced this before (the cause of which was long filenames) I deleted both apps, off and on and everything started working again.

I've left the title to this post quite open as hopefully it will help others if they experience similar problems with other applications.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones