1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S/Mesmerize Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BraskaBulldog, Dec 6, 2011.

1. BraskaBulldog

BraskaBulldog Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Been having these issues with my Galaxy S/Samsung Mesmerize since updating to the latest 2.3.5 firmware several days ago:

-My screen will stay on for an undetermined amount of time regardless how many times I click on my "Power" button when I try and put it in standby/lock. Or, it will periodically takes screenshots when I'm trying to place it in standby.

-My keyboard layout for Samsung and Android has changed dramatically. It looks nothing like it used to.

-Prior to the update, I had approximately 20 apps I manually installed, none of which were saved to my SD card. Now, I can only install around maybe 12 or 13 before I get a message telling me there isn't enough available space on the phone itself to support any more apps.

Also, how can I take a soundbyte from my SD card and designate it as my text message alerter? I've taken my phone into U.S. Cellular for this specifically, and not even their so-called "repair tech" can figure it out. I've read the manual and referenced numerous help forums for this issue, but can't find a solution anywhere.

Thank you.

Advertisement

Oceanman651 likes this.
  2. Ziphless

Ziphless Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    I'm very familiar with all of your issues. A factory swipe seems to help for a while, but, the issues come right back. I had 3 phone replacements and still had these issues. I used my belief points and swapped to the Motorola Electrify, and it is flawless.
    Have you tried calling the 1-800 # for US ? And if this is your first phone, maybe you can get a replacement, or, maybe they can help you. Good luck !

3. Oceanman651

Oceanman651 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    I had the Samsung Mesmerize with 2.1-2.3.4 and all updates in-between and many issues with glitches. My wife and 3 of my daughters also have the Mesmerize, only 2 (my wife and youngest daughter) have had little or no issues and that is because they have never upgraded. My middle little daughter had issues from the very beginning (version 2.1). Basically the phone is a great design but the software glitches are really irritating, I for one expect more from Samsung. I finally switched phones and now have the Motorola Electrify and have no current issues with it and 2.3.5. I am a big fan of Samsung but hope never to own another smart phone with so many issues.