1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S - rubbish phone anyone help plz!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jerrers, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Jerrers

Jerrers Lurker

Hi

I have a Samsung GT I9000

My first problem was a fully discharged battery, which then led to my whole home network being deleted from my phone, and I was unable to reactivate or add new network.

Now I have downloaded the new firmware version from Kies, via USB. This has now resulted in my phone turning on, displaying the front screen, completing the media scanning, and then repeating the cycle.

Whatever I try to do I can not stop the phone in time to do a factory reset. I have removed the battery, turned it off and on numerous tmes.

I am looking at a wall just picking my target, unless anyone can help. I shall be online if you can get back to me for an hour or so

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast

Take it back to the shop.

3. Jerrers

Jerrers Lurker

An easy answer for a phone that has been working fine for 6 months.

Question being though, is the issue with the phone, refer to manufacturer, meaning loss of phone for "x" amount of days

One would have to ask why thoush it has affected my phone and not my sons whos is working fine

4. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast

There are many things you can try yourself but most will void your warranty. Can you boot into recovery mode.Hold down volume up, home and on/off buttons at the same time. let go of buttons when galaxy s appears.

Jerrers likes this.
  5. Jerrers

Jerrers Lurker

yep just tried this, and managed to get into the recovery mode. Had been trying this before but woud not work for me

will give it a go and see what happens . .

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews