1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S stopped recognizing SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yzmotoguy, May 22, 2011.

1. yzmotoguy

yzmotoguy Lurker

I have had my phone for 6 months and everything has worked fine. I was videoing the other night and it saved to my SD card as usual. I stopped videoing and put my phone in my pocket. A few minutes later I get my phone out to shoot more video and it says there is no external SD card. I shut my phone down, removed the battery, checked the SD and it was still inserted. I removed it and pushed it back in and it went in with no problems. I restarted my phone and it says there is no external SD card. I have since put in numerous SD cards that work in other phones and it won't acknowledge a card is inserted.

My carrier is Cellular South and they want me to ship the phone to them so they can look at it. If they deem it is something I did to the phone they bill me $300 and give me a replacement. I don't get the option of declining the charge once I send the phone in to them. I am just trying to see if anyone knows anything about this. I haven't dropped the phone and it has stayed in an Otterbox since the day I got it. It hasn't gotten wet other than an occasional time or two that sweat has gotten on it. Any answers would surely help.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews