1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Galaxy S tab amazement.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snow_Fox, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    I will be the first to admit I think tabs are over priced toys.

However, I was wondering why the S tab looked so appealling.. I really felt somewhat hypocritical reading it has a 7" screen and all. So seeing people hold it in their hands I was a bit annoyed.. I hated the ipad but, the stupid tab seemed so appealing..

Well.... after seeing it put ontop of the ipad.. its actually about half the size of the ipad. I think that is part of why I think its cool is because its more hand held, and the swype keyboard looks far more intuitive than the ipad keyboard.

With all that said.. I still doubt it is going to be enough to get me to take the plunge and buy one.. however reading there will be a dedicated stylus for writing and drawing does add a strange allure for me.. even though I hate handwriting..

Oh well.. I would still take a Captivate OR an AMD 6870 over any tab.. but, I must admit.. the size nice.. if it gets a little smaller.. or they come up with a decent manly otterbox style carrying case.. I may warm up to it a bit more.. something I could leave on over night.. instantly get updates and such for without having to 'wake up' the device would be nice..

Then again I wish my parents would just quit being hypocritical and let me get a captivate..

From a utilitarian point of view.. my parents suck

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Who said opinions can't be flexible or change over time?

Let you get one or buy you one? Have you offered to pay for the data?

3. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    They wouldn't let me get one when you could pass a n1 on at&t for 10$

Two months later they are paying 50$ a month for their data plans :/

As I said.. my step dad *does* receive email which is understandable.. my mom? make facebook updates from lawn....