• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy *S* TV OUT!

using my zune cable on a 20+ year old tv created by rca and it's working great... image is 720p and the audio is about a half second off (or less... it's just barely noticeable) but loving it :)

I just got brand new zune cables from amazon.com ... and i cant get it to work with the vibrant ...

LOL I forgot you can not play the DRM protected avatar on the vibrant thru this port/cable arrangement! The cables I got from amazon for the zune [$1.94] work just fine in the color/holes they are marked for!

All of the videos i have play just fine...looks really awesome!

hope this helps

Upvote 0
me too works great me and the lads were watching a few films while working away in london

Doesn't work for me - using a 3.5mm jack to 3xRCA cable (r/w/y) I've tried all six combinations of jacks in sockets on the inputs on my Sony Bravia TV.

With any RCA plug in the yellow input (which is video) I get badly synced flickery monochrome images - its the content on the phone screen, because I can see bits of it, but nothing usable. Same if set to PAL or NTSC. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S (Model GT-I9000, Firmware: 2.1-update1, unhacked in any way).

Hmmm. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work for me - using a 3.5mm jack to 3xRCA cable (r/w/y) I've tried all six combinations of jacks in sockets on the inputs on my Sony Bravia TV.

With any RCA plug in the yellow input (which is video) I get badly synced flickery monochrome images - its the content on the phone screen, because I can see bits of it, but nothing usable. Same if set to PAL or NTSC. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S (Model GT-I9000, Firmware: 2.1-update1, unhacked in any way).

Hmmm. Oh well.

I have tried 2 other non-nokia, standard plugs, and got a picture, but its tricky and not very stable. Try to put the plug fully into your phone, then try jerking the jackplug, and take it very slowly out of your phone. Once you find the sweet spot, you should get a picture.

I think some of the 3 contacts on the standard jackplug is not in the same
order as the nokia one. center or tip contact is video.

basicly you need to try and fit the center part of the jackplug to your top contact of your phone 3.5mm input, and tipcontact on the plug, to match center contact on our phone

pic illustration
jackwk.jpg

I had that going for awhile, then i bought the nokia one. Works like a charm =)

Upvote 0
Just got my Dynex 3.5 mm a/v cable in the mail and it works great! $4.95 plus free standard shipping at procablesdirect.com. The same exact Dynex cable was $40.99 at Best Buy before tax!! The red end works in the yellow port and the yellow end works in the red port, and the white end goes in the white port. No problems with audio or video output on my tv, for those trying to set up their tv out function, use the NTSC and the AV2 input on your tv if you are connecting the cables directly to your tv. If you are connecting your cables through a dvr/blu-ray/dvd player, change your tv input to AV1 to match the set up. Good luck!! It was worth the time to figure it out.

***I have the samsung galaxy s vibrant with firmware2.1 update 1, phone is not hacked, and the tv model is Dynex 32" 720p***

Upvote 0
Just got my Dynex 3.5 mm a/v cable in the mail and it works great! $4.95 plus free standard shipping at procablesdirect.com. The same exact Dynex cable was $40.99 at Best Buy before tax!! The red end works in the yellow port and the yellow end works in the red port, and the white end goes in the white port. No problems with audio or video output on my tv, for those trying to set up their tv out function, use the NTSC and the AV2 input on your tv if you are connecting the cables directly to your tv. If you are connecting your cables through a dvr/blu-ray/dvd player, change your tv input to AV1 to match the set up. Good luck!! It was worth the time to figure it out.

***I have the samsung galaxy s vibrant with firmware2.1 update 1, phone is not hacked, and the tv model is Dynex 32" 720p***

Is this the one you bought ?
Dynex 3.5mm Mini to RCA Stereo Audio/Video Cable - 6ft (1.8M)!

Upvote 0
Hi - I get a scrambled pic with an annoying interference sound. I can kinda see some of the icons and hear music if I play it. Swapped all the leads around to see if the colour coding was wrong and no luck. Have 2 cables that work fine for my camcorders so did you get this to work? Tried Pal and NTSC and I've a 3 year old flat screen Samsung tv so thought it should work?
I get same problem on hold with samsung level2 or 3 tek support, i have the samsung cable thats suposed to be compatable but is not or they messed up on the connections inside the gs 4g phone. scrambled and buzzing with sammy cable or standered av camcorder stile cable. i think this is only new tmo 4g version affected. but if you take and use wire or another cable and touch center vid to outer (should be ground, But not) you can get pic, sounds not going to work but you will see what i mean. i realy think conntacts are F,ed up or what ever controls it internaly?
Maybe recall, repair? anyone with tmo galaxy s 4g let me know if your tv out is working! Thanks

Upvote 0
I am using the ca 75u nokia cable on a samsung lcd hdtv and my picture is scrambled as well I've moved the colors into every combo and I can hear audio but its static and the video I can slightly deer but its all scrambled as well. I'm in usa so my phone isn't foreign idk if that matters. So I as well an trying to figure this out

Upvote 0
I am using the ca 75u nokia cable on a samsung lcd hdtv and my picture is scrambled as well I've moved the colors into every combo and I can hear audio but its static and the video I can slightly deer but its all scrambled as well. I'm in usa so my phone isn't foreign idk if that matters. So I as well an trying to figure this out

try changing tv mode from PAL to NTSC or vice versa. (it is in phone settings)

Upvote 0

If you are in the USA then your phone probably is foreign. This forum is not for the US variants. They all have their own forums.

Upvote 0
I'm very sorry I'm in the wrong forumthen I keep google searching but my phone is from the states bought it from my t mobile store we just got the phone not long so but I can't find any info on how to do this. I will continue my search thanks. Ps I did try the pal and ntcs settings get sound and a scrambled video can see it but all scramble

Upvote 0
Hey, i m newbie in android. I have samsung galaxy s9003 android 2.2. But i m unable to connect to TV. And in my phone setting there is no option for TV-OUT. Can nyone help me out abt this...Thanks in Advance.....

The i9003 is not a Galaxy S. It's a Galaxy SL. There are some major differences in terms of hardware.

That said, a quick check through the specs does indicate that it has TV-out, but you will probably need a 3.5mm to VGA cable for it. Do you have a cable?

Upvote 0
The i9003 is not a Galaxy S. It's a Galaxy SL. There are some major differences in terms of hardware.

That said, a quick check through the specs does indicate that it has TV-out, but you will probably need a 3.5mm to VGA cable for it. Do you have a cable?

Thanks Man, I dont hav cable but i will buy it.
But I want output for my CRT TV. Will it help.

Upvote 0
Recently found out about this TV-OUT function on the Galaxy S so I decided to go to Radioshack to get a 3.5mm-RCA cable. Hooked everything up correctly & all I got was sound no picture. Heard about swapping the red & yellow connectors, still no picture. Did some more research & heard this Nokia CA-75u cable works the best. Purchased one from Amazon.com. When I went to hook this Nokia cable up I had the same problem (sound works, not picture). Tried swapping some colors around, still nothing. Tried moving the 3.5mm cable around in the phone, in-n-out, still not picture. The best I got was a very distorted picture were I was sort of able to see some icons on the screen. Am I doning anything wrong or incorrectly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones