• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S USA release date - Nov 11

I ask my USCC rep today when I would get the update on my "mesmerize" and he said "sometime in January!!" I asked " that is nice but what year??? 2011, 2012" this is total BS! I am new to android & love the galaxy S but I am thinking of going with a EVO at sprint...shame I have only had this phone for 4-5 weeks. I also noticed according to USCC service map i don't even really get 3G.....there service (as in reps is good) but I was lied to. I am only using USCC thru a friends paln and he just added a phone so I have no contracts but what to do with the phone LOL!! I guess sell it if it comes down to it!

Upvote 0
It's been over an hour... It was downloading for like a half hour, extracting for about a half and now doing something with the phone for a good 20 minutes. I guess I'll know by morning.
fingers crossed!
@ CptGemini
Are you in north America /AT&T? And did you try the update via Kies?

The vibrant is a t-mobile phone and yes I live in texas and I checked via kies. I have attached an image of me checking for an update as I type this message. I've thought about installing it on my own but I am afraid of bricking this thing since I have only had it around a month or so maybe a bit less. I don't want to get the wrong rom and screw it up and I suck at searching around the net for the right one.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
The vibrant is a t-mobile phone and yes I live in texas and I checked via kies. I have attached an image of me checking for an update as I type this message. I've thought about installing it on my own but I am afraid of bricking this thing since I have only had it around a month or so maybe a bit less. I don't want to get the wrong rom and screw it up and I suck at searching around the net for the right one.
That is the old old old update from october that was supposed to fix the gps and lag. Not FROYO! Your picture even says so.

Upvote 0
Well its froyo i've been checking for. I have noticed that that update came with flash version 8 because some things with flash load like some of the speedtests on dslreports.com. But a lot of sites that use flash still don't work with it and require the newer version.

Welcome to the world of "Waiting for 2.2". It is a fun place. With cookies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones