1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S will get Froyo!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FuTuRe, May 26, 2010.

1. FuTuRe

FuTuRe Well-Known Member

NZtechfreak likes this.
  2. EarlZ

EarlZ Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the link but it was already a given that Galaxy S will get froyo, the 1.8GB application rom was the dead give away. What currency is that S$

EDIT:

S$ is Singapore Dollars right, if so that would be like $800(US Dollars) here in the Philippines at the VERY least. yes its PRETTY pricey!

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

Encouraging, but I've stopped believing companies promises about updates these days anyways.

4. FuTuRe

FuTuRe Well-Known Member

no that just means u dont need 2.2 to install to internal memory or sd card !

5. EarlZ

EarlZ Android Enthusiast

No, 2.1 is currently limited to a specific megabytes that i can use for applications. 2.2 removes that limit and also allows SD card installation.

6. FuTuRe

FuTuRe Well-Known Member

no - from gsmarena.

there is also 2GB of ROM, with 1.8 GB free space for app installation. As you know Android 2.2 Froyo will enable installing apps on the memory card and the extra internal storage. Until then all Droid devices will have to rely on their inbuilt memory. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is really a winner here with those 1.8 GB of free space - HTC Desire for instance offers only 120 MB.

7. Smg

Smg Android Enthusiast

This is Awesome ! i have deffently made the right decision going for this rather than sticking with the X10.

:D

8. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Android Enthusiast

they wont upgrade, just look at what they did to us behold 2 owners

mikenick42 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews