1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S will play music only on internal speaker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UghhCaptivate, Jul 19, 2011.

1. UghhCaptivate

UghhCaptivate Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Galaxy S will no longer play songs through ear buds. With ear buds plugged in, will only play using the built in speaker. Have tried two different sets of buds, both worked on Nano fine. I looked in the Settings section and the only things in the Sound section were putting the phone into silent mode or selecting ringtones and the like.
    I've shut off the phone, removed and replaced the battery all without effect.
    I have not added any software since I last used the earbuds to listen to music.
    The plug in the phone is clear of debris and the earbud plug appears to be fully seated when pushed in.
    Ideas anyone?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. UghhCaptivate

UghhCaptivate Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    A further update... Chatted with Samsung Tech support, they asked all of the scripted questions, then had me do a "soft" reset (remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, reinsert, restart). Still no effect. Their next "solution" was a factory reset that would wipe almost everything from the phone. Yikes, had to do a little work before that could happen.

In preparation for the massive reset, I charged the phone from my laptop. In one last, desperate attempt, I plugged in the earbud, started the music player and voila.... it worked! Same earbuds, same music player.

So there you have it. Don't have an idea how I "broke" it and don't have an idea how I "fixed" it either, but in the end, its working and that is all that counts.:D