1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S2 2.3.6 keeps sending something...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smazumder, Dec 28, 2011.

1. smazumder

smazumder Lurker

After updating to 2.3.6 my phone flashes with a message "sending..." every 10 mins. Not sure what it is sending (message/data etc)
    I reset the phone and did not install any apps. Still it flashes every few mins with "Sending..."
    The screen turns on. I see a message towards the bottom of screen "Sending..." and then screen turns off.
    It happens even if Data is disabled. Any one else facing this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

Hmm... Sounds very odd. Do you have a data tracking app on your phone, do you see the total rising? Go to Settings, Accounts & Sync, then turn off Auto sync first, check, then turn off background data later. If you load an app like Norton Mobile Utilities you can monitor which app is using up network traffic (Home, Device, then tap the Network Graph). However you'll have to do this several times to see the relative difference?

3. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

Also if you check your battery monitor, it will tell you what software is consuming your battery.

4. mimidroid

mimidroid Lurker

My phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) is having exactly the same problem!...

Although I updated to 2.3.6 a little while ago (a week ago or so), the auto sending started just today (or last night - 31st Dec). It seemed to coincide with using my phone as a Wifi hotspot for my laptop. ....first thought is of course that it has a virus of sorts??

To explain the problem:
    The phone is in 'locked' state. All of a sudden (every 10-15mins or so) the phone will un-lock itself (in the way it does when 'swiping' the screen to un-lock it), then a 'Sending...' message is displayed at the bottom of the screen, and then it locks itself again. As if I had pressed the power button on the right side of the phone.

Very weird and somewhat concerning. If anyone can shed any light on it, that would be great :)

Is there an app someone could suggest (if it exists) to monitor phone use of outgoing data/messages? I really don't know what it's sending, if anything?

5. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member

3G watchdog from the market is a good way of seeing what data is being used on your s2. very good app.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews