1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S2 and synchronisation with Outlook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Iwein, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Iwein

Iwein Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Since a few weeks i'm the proud owner of a Galaxy S2. A great phone but...
    synchronisation with Outlook doesn't work at all. I download the latest version of Kies over and over again but is getting worse.
    Since I downloaded the latest version of Kies a connection with the phone (via UBS) cannot even be realized. Now i should need CDC Serial which I can't find.

I got a mail from Samsung saying there is a bug in Kies 2 but they didn't say when it will be solved.

Does somebody have a solution?

Advertisement

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Iwein
    Welcome to the forums. Yes Kies is a bit stunted in it's ability and it is no where near as simple as the little video tutorial they publish. There is no field mapping for Sync (although there is for import), so many of us have found other solutions such as Companion Link/Deja office, MyPhoneExplorer. You do need to install Kies in order to get the USB drivers loaded on your desktop so that the device is properly recognised.

Please search the forums for "outlook Sync" or something like that, and do some reading, then if you have a specific question, people can help.

3. nawab

nawab Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hi there.......
    This is a simple tutorial about syncing your Android Galaxy S2 with Outlook and any of your online accounts like yahoo, ovi, gmail,......

Connect you phone through usb to your PC and open Kies software on PC.
    Your phone will be detected and data on phone and pc will be displayed.
    Your phone's name will appear on the left panel header.
    Click on it to find number of applications on the right panel.
    Search for the top tab on the right panel by name sync and click on it.
    In the many headed with "Sync contacts with->drop down list->select any of outlook, gmail, yahoo(or ovi),....
    Then click sync.
    Your done.

Nawab Pasha,
    My own forum: forum.npscience.com

horgand and kevinmaj like this.
  4. kevinmaj

kevinmaj Lurker
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Thank you Nawab for this.

I could not believe that I had to export from Outlook and important and map fields in 2011!!! I would have been sooo disappointed with Samsung.

Also, i would say i'm very good with interfaces but Kies is badly designed. I could not find this feature.

Any my friend thank you for your time on this - you haved save me sooo much time messing around with my phone.

Cheers,
    kevin

5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    Are you very sure that you have the latest version of Kies downloaded? Click on help and have Kies look for updates to make sure.

I have used Kies for months to sync my International SG2 to Outlook and it has worked with out flaw. If nothing else works, delete Kies and re-install. Many complain about Kies and I have to admit that as many phones as Samsung is selling, they need to get a top notch group of software people to make Kies perfect!

I can not complain as it works perfectly for me.

6. horgand

horgand Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi Nawab,

I've done all this, and all seems ok, except in the sync drop down menu I don't get an option for outlook (I do get drop down options for google, yahoo, or windows address book). Would you or anyone have any idea how to fix this? i.e. how to get Kies to recognise outlook on my pc (xp with outlook 2000 sp2), thanks??

7. stevenhogg

stevenhogg Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Hi Horgand,

I have had no end of troubles with my work pc, win xp sp2 and Kies. It worked perfectly on my home pc which was win 7.
    I ended up upgrading to sp3 and still had heaps of problems with keis not seeing the Galaxy S2 on any usb port. I gave up after removing and reinstalling it a dozen times. Only today I managed to get it working, simple fix too. All I did was chose English UK instead of US and presto everything just worked perfectly.
    I hope this will work for you Horgand and also Iwein.
    Steve

8. horgand

horgand Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi Steve,

did you English UK instead of US on the Kies Software or elsewhere??

Also did this rectify this particular issue (Kies seeing outlook as a sync option in drop down menus) or was it just a more general fix?

thanks
    Horgand

9. stevenhogg

stevenhogg Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Horgand,

I selected English UK on the Kies software when prompted during install.
    I am able to sync my calendar, tasks and notes and contacts with outlook now.
    Steve

horgand likes this.