1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy s2 battery problem ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LSFC, Jan 15, 2013.

1. LSFC

LSFC Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Hello , i brought my brand new Galaxy s2 gt-i9100 one mounth ago . The phone keeps crashing on black screen and i have to remove the battery so i can turn it on again . Another problem also occured 3 times this mounth ... for example last night i went to sleep and the phone had around 40% of its battery left . When i woke up in the morning it was completly dead and i had to plug it to the charger so i can get it to run again ... Its running 4.0.3 , not rooted ... I calibrated the battery using this threat http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-t-mobile/481966-my-samsung-galaxy-s2-batteries-suddenly-drain-within-hours-2.html without any result ....

Here are some screenshots of what's happening with the battery . For the record - i keep wifi and mobile data off .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PDA : I9100XWLP7
    PHONE : I9100XXLPS
    CSC : I9100OXXLPH
    Kernel version : 3.0.15-I9100XWLP7-CL340913
    Sorry , if i havent provided enough information and excuse my noob post :)

Advertisement

2. androiduzer

androiduzer Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2013
    Male
    student
    Mexico
    another n00b here, my guess is, is a hardware failure, maybe because of where you bought it (?) also... couldn't hurt to try to update it to the newest firmware, I don't know much but I bought mine like 4 months ago and it came with 4.0.4

3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    That sudden drop is because of the phone not being shut down properly and due to the sudden reboot. The real problem is the reboot. The most common cause is because of a firmware update that is clashing with remnants of the old firmware. Either that or a rogue app.

The best solution is a factory reset but that means losing all apps and settings.