• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HecTiC One X

Dec 15, 2012
Hi guys, trying to help a friend who bricked his s3 because the usb disconnected while he was flashing a rom. Its stuck now with a icon of the pc connecting to the phone with the yellow !.

Cant get into recovery at all but can get into download mode.
Not very familar with this phone myself but im guessing odin is the bootloader?

I can get there, and into download mode with the phone saying its "downloading.."......but pc wont detect at all. We've tried a number of pc's with no luck.

Is there anyway to fix this is it time for my friend to get a new phone?

Hi guys, trying to help a friend who bricked his s3 because the usb disconnected while he was flashing a rom. Its stuck now with a icon of the pc connecting to the phone with the yellow !.

Cant get into recovery at all but can get into download mode.
Not very familar with this phone myself but im guessing odin is the bootloader?

I can get there, and into download mode with the phone saying its "downloading.."......but pc wont detect at all. We've tried a number of pc's with no luck.

Is there anyway to fix this is it time for my friend to get a new phone?

Your thread title states Galaxy S2 but in your first line you quote S3. :)

So long as the phone switches on it is not, "bricked".

Try the options mentioned in this thread for recovery...

Recovery options for "bricked" phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones