1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S2 broken! All applications stopped unexpectedly and asking to Force Close

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jogonyoumug, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jogonyoumug

jogonyoumug Lurker

Hi all,

I'm usually rather good at solving things through my Google skills, but this time it has let me down!
    I'm wondering if someone could please help me with my broken Galaxy S2.

Issue:
    I can not do anything on the phone due to phone constantly crashing all applications and asking to Force Close. Once I have force closed all applications (takes a lot of clicking) it crashes and then reboots and then the same happens again.
    This has happened once before and I fixed this by letting the battery drain dry and then turning on, this fixed it before, but not this time.

How it happened:
    Phone had no battery, so I took the current battery out just before it died and put in a charged one, upon start up, the application crashes began looping.

What I've attempted:
    Reboot via home/side button.
    Let battery run dry and tried again.
    When plugging into my PC Kies does not find this device, nor does Windows.

It is a standard phone and up to date with the latest OS (How ever far UK's Three have gone on this)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jogonyoumug

jogonyoumug Lurker

Hmm... strange, I just turned off the phone, removed the SD Card, turned back on and all seems to be OK again.
    This was the first reboot after unplugging from the PC, so not sure what could have resolved this.

Turned phone back off, put my SIM and SD card back and all seems OK now.

Lets hope it stays this way!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews