• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GALAXY S2 "cannot connect to network"

samdnb1989

Lurker
Jul 30, 2012
Hello people Im really confused as to what ive done to my phone, its quite a long story so bare with me. I got my galaxy s2 GTI900 in Australia about 6 months ago. Came back to England and it was locked to my australia provider so I rooted it.

PHONE INFO.

Model number: GT-I900
Android version:4.0.3
Baseband:I9100XXLPS
Kernal version: 3.0.15.-I1900XWLP7-CL340913 dpi@DELL134*3
build number: IML74k.XWLP8

worked fine for last 4 months or so on O2 until a few days ago when I woke up and I couldnt make or receive any calls or text any said "not connected to network" "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" but its showing full signal, when manually trying I get the same message. So I rang up O2 found that my IMEI number had been blocked. (It had been blocked because i had lost it on a drunk night out a few weeks ago. reported it to the police so i could get a crime number and claim on my insurance, but luckily it was found and i had it returned to me before the claim went through, but I forgot to ring O2 and tell them i had my phone returned so they blocked it).
They have now lifted the block on my phone and its still not connecting to any network. Ive rang samsung they advised me to do a factory reset which hasnt help either. Rang O2 again and there telling me all blocks have been lifted and it should be working fine. My sim card is working in my other phone.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA HOW I CAN SORT THIS OUT ILL BE VERY VERY GREATFUL

Thanks alot Sam

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones