1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S2 can't access sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdamy, Feb 9, 2014.

1. cdamy

cdamy Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2012
    Hi everyone, I am having a problem that is significantly hobbling my phone's performance.

But first the data:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 - I-9100
    Cyanogenmod 9.2
    32GB Samsung Sd card
    ...what else do you want to know?

I became aware of the problem about two weeks ago when I tried to save a screenshot and got the message: "Couldn't capture screenshot. Storage may be in use." Ever since my sd card's contents have been invisible to my phone, but not other apps, like file managers or media players.

All I can remember relative to that time is that I was trying and deleting apps to manage memory use; at the time I was using Greenify and Clean Master and I had just uninstalled the later because l was becoming aware of some conflict that was causing apps to misbehave, crash and generally impeded the phone's functioning and slowed it down with crash reports (now I've removed Greenify, but reinstalled Clean Master because is easier to use and in the hopes that it might intrinsically fix what's wrong). At the time it seemed to fix the problem (that of apps crashing, etc), but it may have damaged something else in the process.

I have been scouring the internet for answers and solutions. So far I have implemented the following:

1. I wiped dalvik cache (in recovery mode)
    2. I fixed permissions (in recovery mode)
    3. I created the path "sdcard\pictures\screenshots".
    4. I ran a couple of apps that promised to stop and restart media scanner (to no avail, I uninstalled them).

I refrained from re-flashing the Rom, because I couldn't make sure if I should locate the one I already had on my sd card, or if I should download a new one and of that method was guaranteed to leave my current data, apps, app data, etc intact.

I should also mention that since I installed cyanogenmod 9.2 (from Gingerbread, Samsung's ics was crap) my sd card was recognised as Emmc, causing some problems with apps that were looking to store to external_sd by default. I tried fixing this by following some instructions I found online on how to remount to external_sd, but it failed so I just kept redirecting apps to the Emmc or just letting them store their stuff to the folder external_sd on the internal sd (at this point I was dead sure my phone must of "successfully" divided-by-zero at some point).

Art this point I should thank you for reading my longwinded post.

Any more info needed? Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thank anyway!

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I can take photos with the camera app, but I can only see them either with file manager apps or when I mount the card on my computer. When I try to access the camera app's settings it crashes (probably because it is set to store to sd card).

Advertisement