• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 - Case & screen protector

• Gorilla glass not so good
    The gorilla glass is NOT scratch proof. My SGS2 slipped out of my pocket when I was removing weed (not that type of weed) from my gravel/pebble driveway. It landed face down. This was from a height of ~20cm, and it still got like 7 tiny scratches. A screen protector would have saved my beloved phone. I was lucky with my previous phone (HTC Desire) when I accidentally kicked it across the floor. It slided a good 2m face down and I heard the dreadful sounds of scratches being made. Ripped off the screen protector and the Desire looked brand new ;) Bottom line is DO USE a screen protector.
  • Leather pouch
    I use a leather pouch from pdair (PDair Samsung Galaxy S II Leather Case - Vertical Pouch Type (Black)) and I would NOT recommend it. The phone is inserted by sliding it down into the pocket. This produces tiny scratches on the plastic on the back (not the battery cover, but the plastic bar containing the speaker). I would rather recommend a type of silicon case, though I have not tried one myself. Also, they are much cheaper ;)

Hi jboy1987, I too mistakenly slipped my galaxy s2 to ground from the height of around 3 ft. After that, I am finding the screen not so clear with few pixels on it. Did u have similar experience?? plzzzzz tell me your exp with s2 after ur phone fell down. Counting on ur reply..... :D

Upvote 0
I've got a 'barely there' rubbery case with a Martin Fields screen protector and I'm very happy with both. Originally had another screen protector which although cheaper was not easy to apply and left slight bubbles despite my best efforts. There are two protectors supplied in the pack from Martin Fields and the one I've applied fits perfectly, was not too difficultto apply and no bubbles! I bought both the protectors and case from Amazon, cost about GBP 15.00 each.

I also originally purchased a leather case which although protecting the phone very well, restricted access to the far left and right keys too much for my liking.

Hope this helps.

Jim

These are the links for what I have :

Barely there case http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005549VNS/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1314133544&sr=8-1
Screen protectors http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0055RK96I/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1314133755&sr=8-2

Upvote 0
I bought 2 of these Designcraft recently in Hong Kong. Apparently the official Galaxy S2 case from Korea. The touch and feel is very nice. Very slim adding just a bit of size but still feeling great with my phone. The light colours are loud and flashy. The black is a huge finger print magnet. I feel a little unsafe with the grip because it's a bit slippery, but I haven't dropped it yet.

Design Craft+

2011.082.jpg

2011.083.jpg

Reactions: FiveFreshFish
Upvote 0
I bought 2 of these Designcraft recently in Hong Kong. Apparently the official Galaxy S2 case from Korea. The touch and feel is very nice. Very slim adding just a bit of size but still feeling great with my phone. The light colours are loud and flashy. The black is a huge finger print magnet. I feel a little unsafe with the grip because it's a bit slippery, but I haven't dropped it yet.

Design Craft+

2011.082.jpg

2011.083.jpg

the yellow one is sharp and cool~~~

Upvote 0
the yellow one is sharp and cool~~~

i have a similar case for my S2 but it has a "mesh" look to it.

i walked into the mall and bought this case + screen protector for $20 total. i was going to buy the casemate one since it add little bulk to the phone but bumped into this kiosk on the way to best buy. hard case; screen protector is anti-glare and hasn't diminished touch-response.

i was going to go with otterbox but this case works well.

Attachments

• S2-case.jpg
    S2-case.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Samsung manual says not to use a case that has a magnet on/in it.

I recommend reading the manual before you do anything else, lol.

Never buy those hard, clear plastic (aka crystal) cases as they mark the phone somehow and let dust between the phone and plastic anyways.

You can buy sheets of screen protector that you can cut to shape, I might do that at some point, but it will interfere with the touch a bit.

Since the phone is the size it is, I have resorted to storing it in a full size sock rather than a phone sock, until my Noreve case arrives.

I have an official Samsung black leather case with a magnetic catch, seems strange if they dont recommend the same thing.

Upvote 0
That looks the business! How easy is it to take the case off again? I thinking that I'll need to slip it out for use in the car holder....
thanks!

I just picked up an OtterBox and it's pretty slick. It adds 35 grams making the total weight about 152 grams.

The case is not that easy to remove and replace on a regular basis but I'm sure you can get adept after doing it several times.

The case comes in two pieces (three pieces if you include the screen protector film). There is a flexible silicone jacket and rigid plastic back that clamps the jacket to the phone. You have to flex the back to fit it onto the jacket, while aligning the volume and power buttons on the jacket with the holes in the side of the plastic back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones