1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S2 Email Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diverdave80, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Diverdave80

Diverdave80 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Worcestershire, UK
    Hi, ive searched through the forums and cant find anyone with the issue im currently experiencing.

Got stock Galaxy S2 on Orange, not many apps installed and i use the stock email app to sync to two email accounts. For some reason the phone seems to pick up really old emails from last year, i select 'Mark as Read', but then after several hours or even the following day, up they pop again, very annoying. I cant see an option to 'sync past 7 days' or whatever.

My only other problem is that the phone is way more sensitive to clicking on links 'within' emails. For instance, i get Groupon emails everyday, and when i scroll through the email (as i have done for months before) i now seem to accidentally select links and up opens the internet browser. Is this just me? Anyone know of a fix?

Apart from the email issues, i really like ICS. Was shocked at the battery drain on my first use, but i ran it down to 1%, removed the battery, fully charged it and now get 2.5 to 3 days use, more than happy.

Advertisement

2. Diverdave80

Diverdave80 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Worcestershire, UK
    Well if anyone else has this issue, the fix is pretty simple. I deleted all my email accounts and started from scratch and in doing so, i seem to have way more options to choose from, how far back i can sync emails, more flexible schedules etc, and emails now work like a charm.