• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2: Everything is disabled at start

kolopo

Lurker
Feb 11, 2016
Hello!
I have a used Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 that I was given recently.
I don't know which version of Android it is.
It was working fine for some days but then, in a moment after I removed the external case of the phone, it enters in some kind of mode where everything is disabled. I probably touched the wrong buttons, I don't know.

It happens with and without my SIM card. I just have a screen with the time and a field in the middle where I can enter some text (probably some kind of password) but nothing is explained! I attach to this post a picture to show you how it looks like (the vertical red line is some damage that has been done on the phone when my girlfriend dropped it some weeks ago but it did not affect anything).

I saw how to activate the Android recovery screen but I don't see how it can help.

Any idea?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• webcam-toy-photo1.png
    webcam-toy-photo1.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 205

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones