1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy s2 finished me with android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1newthang, Jan 12, 2012.

1. 1newthang

1newthang Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    I have had almost all tmobile android phones since they started beginning with the g1 I got the galaxy s2 2 weeks ago and like the vibrant nothing had changed it had so many problems right off the bat and I had tmobile replace 3 of them within 3 weeks and that vlingo deal is horrible and I really think that is what did it for me it's very very aggravating let me tell you and since day one with all smart phones I had knocked the iPhone until this past weekend when I decided to finally put up or shut up so I went out and bought the iPhone 4s and I can tell you only 5 days with the phone I have not experienced 1 stupid problem at all and yes I understand there are things that the android does that iPhones can't do and that there are things iPhones do that androids can't do but all in all I am here to say good bye to android forever and look forward to the future of upcoming iPhones to come.

Advertisement

2. PJ0077

PJ0077 Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    I feel exactly the same. I am get the iPhone 4s also after a bad experience with the s2. It is a pile of s h I t.

3. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    Artist
    New York
    Drag you guys had problems, I had a 4s, it's a nice phone but I liked the S2 better. Too each his own, enjoy your 4S! My only warning would be that according to recent dox extracted from the Indian Govt, Apple, RIM and Nokia have given them back-door data access to smart phones. So, though I always say there is NO SUCH THING AS SECURITY, be advised that Apple is willing to hand over your data to the government. S2s also have CIQ, but we can flash that all away at least, then deal with carrier insecurity.

4. rymanh

rymanh Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    I sling suds
    Toronto
    that sucks you had problems! i wish you better luck with your future phones! could you fill us in on what the problems were?

5. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    Technology provider for small companies.
    Ste-Therese, Quebec, Canada
    Wow, sorry to hear you had problems. I love my Telus SIIX. This phone has converted me to Android! I got it the day it came out and have had no issues at all and since I installed Juice Defender not long after I got it (just bought the Ultimate today), the battery has been excellent with more than a full day of pretty hefty use.

I am curious to hear more detailed info on what went wrong in order to keep an eye open for issues with my phone in the future.

6. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    I wouldn't go back to my iPhone 4s. I have both. By the way, you never mentioned any of your issues. Most of the time they are simple to solve and not needing a return.

7. Whargrrbl

Whargrrbl Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Obvious trolls are obvious.

Gangreless likes this.
  8. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    Technology provider for small companies.
    Ste-Therese, Quebec, Canada
    I should have realized. Instead of being concerned about his/her "problems" I should have looked at the user post count and overall post.

Oh well... live and learn.

9. ahautographs

ahautographs Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Teachers Assistant College
    Meridian, Idaho
    I got rid of my iPhone 4 for the T989 phone kicks ass over the iphone.

10. rymanh

rymanh Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    I sling suds
    Toronto
    no kidding! it does everything the iphone does and more! easily the best phone I've ever had

11. PuterPro

PuterPro Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida, USA
    I just got an S2 (had Samsung Galaxy Virbrant and G1 before that). Yesterday I went to a Client who's a BIG Apple fan and has a 4s and he couldn't stop gushing over it! I almost couldn't get it out of his hands again, LOL!
    Now he's all hopped up about a new S2 and he told his Golf buddies about it (two of whom are also Clients) and one is all excited and ready to dump his iPhone 4 too.
    He went crazy about how easy the keyboard was and loved the screen and the multitasking.

12. neatodude

neatodude Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    How do you fit text to actual screen size like on the iphone? If you can't, then that's a huge problem.

13. UnknownAlly

UnknownAlly Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    My wife has an iPhone 4 and had so many problems.
    She is jealous of what my phone can do.