• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s2 Gallery Problem HELP!

stanleyho369

Sep 15, 2011
Everytime after I use kies air to my computer, all the gameloft HD games intro videos appear in the gallery like this in the photo
SC20110916-063910.jpg
I wanna see of others have the same problem or only me and I really hope someone can help me remove them from the gallery without delete the files or any other way. thanks!

Android's gallery scans your SD and picks ALL the media content in there. That means it grabs videos and pictures used by other apps and shows them to you.

There is a way to stop that: you make a file (it doesn't matter what type) and name it ".nomedia" (without the quotes), with that the gallery will no longer pick up that particular folder (and any subfolder within); the only downside is that the app that created the folder -in this case, your games- probably won't pick the folder as well, so you might find some conflicts with that.

Upvote 0
Thanks for kindly replying me. I showed all the hidden files. There are .nomedia files inside the game folders. but they still show in the gallery. i think its the kies air application that causes this problem. this is the second time of this problem. i tried a way to solve this problem, it is deleting the game videos then download again.
But i wish there is another better way.

Upvote 0
You could always try to set your own .nomedia file just to be sure. After that, extract the SD and insert it again (forcing a new scan from your phone) so that it can recognize the file and get them off your Gallery. I do remember that I had to re-scan the SD before folder that recently had their .nomedia file put in them to disappear from the app.

Good luck with your issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones