1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy s2 heating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frankkduf, Jul 28, 2011.

1. frankkduf

None

Feb 17, 2011
    I was reading last week all over the net the complain about galaxy s2 heating after hard usage.I wasn't beleving how it was claiming to be hot. Now I tried it and I see what people are talking about : after playing multiplayer an hour with my friend to fast five the phone is SO hot that its burning me! The only question is : can it be dangerous to break something inside the phone (that heat) or its just normal? the battery was draining by 1% every 2 min after I stoped playing, it dropped to 0 then shut down..

Advertisement

Gxavier likes this.
  2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

upgrade ur firmware.. the heating problem stopped after i flashed KF2.. now on KG2 i havent even thought about it since :D

Gxavier likes this.
  3. yoyostar

yoyostar Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    was wondering is anyone still facing the overheating issue? Any solution for it?

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

like i said, its a problem with early firmware. i had no issues after upgrading from KF2.. and there have been many updates since then too.. no more heating.. although i did notice a bit of heat when actually flashing the new firmware :D but with general usage (and i use it quite a lot) its fine. hardly feel any warmth

5. yoyostar

yoyostar Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011

Hi, thanks for the reply :)

Was wondering which firmware are you using currently? Cos i just gotten my SGS2 today and would like to upgrade it. Tried KIES but its shows that my phone is updated to latest firmware already.

And you mention a bit of heat meaning hot? or just slightly warm?

Cos mine is getting a bit warmer as i am using it...quite worried whether my phone would be damaged by the heat...

Where can i upgrade to the latest firmware? Can guide me on it? I am quite new to smartphone...SGS2 is my first smartphone >.< Thanks :)

6. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

follow the first part of the instructions here for flashing new firmware. the second part is to root ur phone, u dont have to do that unless u want to :) best u read up on rooting before u do it actually

im using KG5, the newest official firmware. its running android 2.3.4. improved battery life, and its much smoother than the previous firmware ive used.

just so u know, kies is crap, i dont use it for anything.. not even updates. much faster to use that link i gave u, it has all the updates super fast, and u flash it via the Odin software

and when i say heating up, i just mean it feels warmer than usual. never too hot to hold. even back when i was using the oold firmware KE1, it never got too hot to hold.. but it got hotter than it does now, so the firmware definitely helps. with normal usage, it never heats up at ALL

yoyostar likes this.
  7. yoyostar

yoyostar Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011

Thank you! It helps a lot~

Just one small question...was wondering if i were to flash my phone to the latest firmware using the method...would it void my warranty? Cos i just bought my phone two days back >.<

8. samuelchua

samuelchua Newbie
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    I am running on Litening Rom v5 (XXKG6) but the heating is still persisting when i play some better games from Gameloft. Wondering if there is any heatsink installed for this little baby.

9. sam142000

sam142000 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Student
    India
    My gets really hot when I play games or watch videos....:eek:
    Is there anyone who can help me regarding this?:thinking:
    Or this is the problem with everyone?

Please dont suggest me to root it/ put in a custom firmware.....I'm not good at this a dont want to take any chances with my only 2 week old phone!!

10. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Getting hot while doing that is kinda normal for a smartphone.

From what I've read, sorry to say, but flashing a newer firmware may fix up this issue for you.

11. frankkduf

None

Feb 17, 2011
    ok so I flashed up to kg2 2.3.4 leaked (kg5 official too but get back to kg2 cause kg5 hasnt gtalk video chat) and I can tell you the heating problem is resolved!