• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2...Just heard $700.00 cost

Unfortunately, I predict this $700+ range is going to be the new standard for 4G phones. Example: HTC Thunderbolt which is rumored (confirmed possibly?) to be $750 full retail.

Wow that sucks for Verizon users, the HTC Inspire 4G that just came out on AT&T for $99 on a two-year contract or only $399 off-contract is nearly the same phone in every way. (Same processor, same Super LCD screen, same body build, etc..)

Upvote 0
I don't see how it destroys this one at all. Same 1GB ram, dual-core processor. The screen on the s2 is premium grade stuff that is samsung-exclusive. The reviews of the qHD screen show the lower tech behind it. A biometric scanner is a commodity, even on budget laptops, and it's more of a peculiarity than a necessity on a phone. The docks are just way expensive... The Atrix is a good contender, but not head-and-shoulders above the rest.

Upvote 0
I don't see how it destroys this one at all. Same 1GB ram, dual-core processor. The screen on the s2 is premium grade stuff that is samsung-exclusive. The reviews of the qHD screen show the lower tech behind it. A biometric scanner is a commodity, even on budget laptops, and it's more of a peculiarity than a necessity on a phone. The docks are just way expensive... The Atrix is a good contender, but not head-and-shoulders above the rest.
True :) The G.S II has more behind it in my opinion.
Super AMOLED+, 8MP camera, and 1080p video recording. Samsung has the resources to be more competitive than the rest atm.

Upvote 0
no it will be $700 unsubsidized. theres no way they would sell an unsubbed phone for over 200 the atrix specs destroy this one and is only 200

Haha noway,
sgsii
4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus display • 1.2 GHz dual-core SoC processor, ( NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 or Samsung’s Exynos )
• 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of on-board storage with micro SD card slot
• 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with flash, with 1080p full HD recording and front facing VGA camera
• Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
touchwiz 4.0, MHL and USB OTG, gorilla glass

and the atrix
4 inch qHD display – 540 x 960 pixels • NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor at 1 GHz
• 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with 720p HD recording and front facing VGA camera
• 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of built-in storage with micro SD card slot for an additional 32 GB
• Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and HDMI 1.3

I don't think any phone out right now can compete against the s2's specs basically set the standard for the next generation of smartphone.

Upvote 0
Haha noway,
sgsii
4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus display • 1.2 GHz dual-core SoC processor, ( NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 or Samsung’s Exynos )
• 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of on-board storage with micro SD card slot
• 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with flash, with 1080p full HD recording and front facing VGA camera
• Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
touchwiz 4.0, MHL and USB OTG,

and the atrix
4 inch qHD display – 540 x 960 pixels • NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor at 1 GHz
• 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with 720p HD recording and front facing VGA camera
• 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of built-in storage with micro SD card slot for an additional 32 GB
• Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and HDMI 1.3

I don't think any phone our right now can compete against the s2's specs basically set the standard for the next generation of smartphone.

You're arguing with a post that is 3 months old...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones