1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S2 network locked after jelly bean update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nashz, Jul 25, 2013.

1. nashz

nashz Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2013
    So ages ago (March 2012) I got my Galaxy SII locked to Three UK, and got it unlocked few months (June 2012) after that. However, since I've updated to Jelly Bean (in April/May-ish 2013), it got locked again. I didn't realised it got locked again until I went travelling (June 2013).

I've called Three and ask for the unlock code but didn't work. I figured it's because I have entered the wrong code numerous times before, so I did a factory reset (as advised by customer care at Three as well).

HOWEVER, the same code, still doesn't work. I keep on getting the "Network unlock unsuccessful" message. I'm getting a bit annoyed and frustrated now, coz I really need this phone unlocked.

My questions are:
    1) Could it be that my phone is frozen because of too many failed attempts to unlock it? If so, where dyou reckon I can get an unfreeze key?
    2) Would rooting the phone be a good option?

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    Welcome to the forums!
    I think you need the so called "Unfreeze code".
    How To Solve Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful on Samsung Phone - YouTube

If you root the device, you can find the unlock and unfeeze code by yourself.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

I think the best option is to call 3 and tell them to terminate the contract. If you ask politely, they never listen and noone cares, but if tell them to cancel the contract, they're running like hamsters and, voila, then they are able to solve the problems.