• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 AT&T rooting and flashing

Steven7408

Lurker
Jan 12, 2013
Hi,
A friend of mine suggested this forum so I will try and be as specific as I can for you. Phone stuff is NEW for me.
I have ATT Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777, ICS 4.0.4
I have it backup up with Kies and entirely with CWM 5.xxx to SD card

I originall lost Root when Kies upgraded my firmware to ICS 4

so, I read a bit and decided to root using the Siyah 3.4.2 It was suggested that it was for the i777 model and all went well, phone is working with several issues. This is where I am stuck. I want out of this software but am at a loss as to how to go anywhere. Bluetooth does not work, no hot spot, camera is messed up and its slow.

I would like to end up on cyanogenmod 7.2 but am stuck afraid to make a wrong move and lose my phone forever.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Go to the XDA forums for the i777 http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1301 . In the general forum you'll find articles (listed at the beginning) that will explain flashing ROMs, gaining root, etc. In the "Android development" forum you'll find ROMs you can flash. Some are based on the stock Samsung/AT&T release, some are based on the base Google code. Cyanogenmod 7.2 is pretty old, and probably not supported any more. You might want to go with v9 instead. Don't go to galaxys2root.com - lots of people have had problems with their phones after using the directions there.

I'm using the Task/Ktoonsez JellyBeam ROM. It's been very stable for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones