1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S2 stuck on welcome screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hanounn, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Hanounn

Hanounn Lurker

Hello I own a galaxy S2 running android ISC unrooted
    the battery died once and when I recharged it and turned it back on it wouldnt go past the welcome screen.
    I am able to go into recovery mode and download mode. I tried to backup my data through ADB but it did not work since the device wont start up (the device was recognized as in recovery)
    does anyone have a solution on how to backup my data (pictures are most important!) or will a factory reset help and without rooting?
    Thanks

2. garbam

garbam Newbie

Hey! I had the same problem but I long pressed the up volume button, home button and power button then I did backup and restore then factory resetted it and recalibrated my battery but it still randomly turns off at times :( but I hope my info helps!:eek:

3. immortalneo

immortalneo Member

Doing a factory reset won't delete your photos, videos, songs, documents, etc. It will only delete your apps, their data, contacts, call log, sms, mms, calendar, notes, memo etc.

You can also try rooting and taking a nandroid backup. That should backup everything in your internal SD card. :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews