1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S2 version?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dasanii, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Dasanii

Dasanii Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    I bought my wife her Galaxy S2 from Expansys HK. We are both in Hong Kong and found this to be the cheapest option for us and Expansys is quite a reliable site so we thought it was safe.

She has started to get curious and was wondering if her phone is the Europe version or Asian version. She is mainly a chinese user so she said that she would prefer the asian version blah blah.

My question is, is there even a difference in version or there isn't? If there is, is there any ROM or anything I can do to make her phone appear like the "Asian Version".

Also is there a way for us to find out through any system info if indeed her phone is an Asian version or European version?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    I don't think there is an European or Asian version. Its the same. Its only in US where they have different version for different carriers. We should be using the International Version.

The difference is in the firmware I think. The Asian version have some local languages. In Malaysia, the first time they launched, it was mentioned that it was using the UK firmware. A month later, they updated the firmware to South East Asian version with local languages and some other minor tweaks.

Maybe you can go to the phone information and post your Firmware Version.

Cheers