• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 Video file editor on a PC?

startled

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
I have a Galaxy S2 and have difficulty editing the files on my phone. I want to edit the video files on my Windows 7 PC. I can do this at present using the free Windows Live Movie Maker - but this insists on converting them into .wmv files, and seems to reduce the quality significantly. I have tried and failed with VirtualDub & some other Open Source software.

I want to edit these files in their native .mp4 format.

Does anyone know of any normal software that I can buy (preferably from Amazon) to do this 'out of the box'? For example would Adobe Premiere Elements 9 support this particular flavour of .mp4? Which of the normal Windows video editing software applications are known to successfully edit Galaxy S2 video?

All advice gratefully accepted.

Sometimes I like to pull certain scenes out of movies to put on the phone (because a phone is no place I want to watch an entire movie). AVS Video Converter 6 can do this in mp4 (xvid or h.264) and most other formats, and if needed, resize, crop, change bitrate, etc. It isn't free, but nothing this streamlined will be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones