1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Galaxy S2 VS Evo 3D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wiskid, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Network Engineer
    Madison, Wi
    It's upgrade time. The specs between the Galaxy S2 and the Evo 3D are just about identical. Have any of you had a chance to play with both phones and make a determination on which is better? I'm leaning toward the Galaxy, just because it's newer, but I LOVE HTC and SenseUI.

What's your input?

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    To be honest, upgrading from the Sprint HTC Hero to either of those handsets will be a night and day situation in regards to performance. I have a Sprint HTC EVO 3D and I absolutely love it. :D

The Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch is a great handset too. It comes down to, do you want a handset with a Super AMOLED screen with slightly lower resolution that scores slightly better on benchmarks versus one with an LCD screen with higher resolution that scores slightly lower on benchmarks? Personally, I give benchmarks little credence when you are comparing different handsets. They should be used only to compare the same handset or one that has had changes done, like flashing a new ROM or overclocking, to measure performance changes. I am sure there are people from both the Sprint HTC EVO 3D and Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch camps that would heavily lean on their respective handsets. Just look around a little, do some research, read a wide variety of reviews, and make your own decision. :)

Tags: