1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy s2 wifi problem for belkin routers?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bububear, Dec 27, 2011.

1. bububear

bububear Lurker

Hi all!

My dad gave my mom a gs2 for xmas, but the problem is she cant access the internet using our home wifi (im using belkin), but the phone says its connected. I reading stuff about gs2 connection problems for 2 days now. PLease help! :( oh btw Im on wpa/psk and aes :) thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

First thing I'd check is to see if the phone can connect to a different wifi source, like a Starbucks or at the Library. Then, I'd make sure other devices can connect to the router.

I also happened to find this little tip that might work for you, although it's in treference to an HTC phone. http://androidforums.com/htc/464794-connected-htc-sensation-belkin-router.html

Also check in your device forum. Because the Galaxy S2 classification covers different models from different carriers, the forums have been split so not to cause any confusion. Select the forum appropriate to your phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. Android Forum is the place to be. Hints, tips, and trick, for all devices. I hope the info on here will prove useful to you. Happy Holidays. ;)

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Hello and welcome!

5. erko

erko Lurker

And - the s2 has a very weak wifi conn. Try dtanding next to the router. Mine does not work 4 feet away from te router... ANY router....!